Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What cal gun

Go down 
+33
fullrut
talon1961
MJewell
Rev. Juan
Camel
Cajun83
cajun gal
jasonc
countryboy
30pointbuck
Adam
kyhareraiser
Bowhunterchick
Dream Catcher
G3
whitetail pcs
Grunt and Gobble
shehuntsva
Early Morning Gobble
racknfeatherlodge
arbigbuckhunter
littleslink
SouthernSportsman
swampghost
THE BULL
JGutsie
oaktree
TheRomer
huntquest
oregonzach
Dave
Robert
mathewsguy
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oregonzach

oregonzach

What cal gun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote]I use a browning a-bolt in 7mm mag, or the 270stw. Both really sweet shooting long range rifles[quote]

Was that 270stw made on the standard stw case? I've never heard of that, even from a custom shop. Crazy, are there others out there with this caliber? I like wildcats, but this is out of left field! Hows it shoot?
Back to top Go down
G3

G3

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm

To be honest I don't believe that it is a standard case. It is a gun my uncle made for caribou hunting, He loads all of my ammo for me. I will ask him how he came up with the combo and post what I find out. It is an extremely flat long range gun. I know he did some 1500m silhouette shooting with it, and he thought it performed very well
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:05 am

Remington 700 in .300 WSM. JMO, But the .300 WSM is one of the best rounds out there.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunterchick

Bowhunterchick

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 pm

308 win in a remington 700 adl has been my deer slayer for years now,,,however i got a 30-06 on a trade and i hated to let go of my SKS Rolling Eyes ,,but that was what he wanted,and i've heard great things about the 30-06 but it will have to do tricks to get me to switch from my 308
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 pm

I use a Winchester 30.30 with a 170 grain power point bullet. Did the job on Monday. Took out both front shoulders.

I have shot a .270 savage for the past 15 yrs until recently changing.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 pm

I shoot a 308 as well, and also a 30-06. Rem. 700 BDL.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 pm

i ASLO SHOOT A 180GN. Round nose bullet
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Howdy guys. New to the sight but I use the old german rifle. 8mm mauser. Nocks one heck of a hole but also nocks them down quick. Love my bow though to!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

My uncle has an 8mm. as well good deer rifle. Feel at home,post away.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Where would I be able to post a pic or two of the 9 point that I got?
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 pm

That thing will bite ya if ya dont hold on to it though. Steal but plate hurts a lil when runnin rounds through it at the range!! LOL
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Go to the deer photos or the big game photos. At the bottom of the page. You have picts, let's see em.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:22 pm

I've shot his 8mm. and it does hurt. lol
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

I wouldnt give that thing up for the world though!!! Was my paps and my dad said it kicked like a mule but I just love huntin with it!!!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

That's all that matter's. I have a 38 special that was my gramps. then my pop's. now its mine. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Keep ahold of them and pass them down to the next generation!!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Thats right.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Whats nice is I have three step children. One of course that shot the deer, i admit them all as mine, but the oldest had a kid and the wife an I have custody of him. He will probally get all of my guns when I pass on.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:41 pm

WOW. That's cool.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Yea him and 3 dogs!! 2 labs, ones 8 and the other is 10 weeks. And the other is a pugle. A beagle and a pug mix. Hes like almost a year.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Sound's like your hand's are full.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 pm

I am glad that I can go to work durin the day and the wife puts up with them all day.But I deal with them from about 2:45 on til its time to go to bed!! But wouldnt give it up for the world!! Love them all.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 pm

That's what it's all about. Hey countryboy why don't you go to the member introductions, sect at the top of the page, and introduce yourself and give all the guy's here an oppertunity to welcome you as well. We all here on Whitetail Afflictions enjoy meeting and chating with new members.,
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm

That wil work have to do that before I get off of here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What cal gun   What cal gun - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What cal gun
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Rifle Hunting-
Jump to: