Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!

Go down 
+4
TheRomer
Joe
mathewsguy
THE BULL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
THE BULL

THE BULL

WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! Empty
PostSubject: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:22 pm

As you all probably know by now I am a Pennsylvania State Trooper and just found out yesterday that due to the PA budget impass all state employees will now go several weeks without pay. Sorry for the run on sentence but i am pissed. There are 85,000 state employees and 5,000 Troopers. Yep we still have to go to work and roll around with people and get shot at and do the everyday dangerous job that we face WITHOUT GETTING PAID!!!!! They say that it will probably last around 12 weeks. SOOOOO, the Legislaters voted on at least paying the state employees even without a budget and voted against it so they would have leverage against Gov. RANDELL. (that vote is rumor of course) but was the only info that we have been given. Of course this all starts July 1st. So I contacted all my creditors and informed them that i might be alittle late on some of the bills and of course they told me pretty much to go pound sand that it is not their problem.....lol...THATS REAL NICE!!!! Well i know everybody has there own problems but just thought i would share this with you guys.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 pm

That really stinks man. Hopefully they can get something figured out fast.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Man that does not sound good at all. Sorry to hear this!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, sorry to hear that for you guys
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks guys...It will all work out just wanted to vent alittle....lol
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 am

sorry to hear. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to pull over one of those legislators in the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
SouthernSportsman

SouthernSportsman

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 pm

I feel some of your pain. We just had a 2 week shutdown here at the plant. I got to work the first week due to plant maintenance, but the 2nd week I had to take off with no pay. I get my check Friday and I am curious to see how much I am losing.

BUT.......In your case, I think that fire and rescue and police protection should come before anything else. I bet none of the council, mayor or anyone at the state level is taking a cut in their pay. It is infuriating how those SOG's treat "we the people".
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 pm

We've all been working at a reduced rate or have some rolling lay-offs herebecause of the economy, but to work without pay, that's a little extreme. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

-From Elk County, the unemployment capital of PA
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

thanks guys and yes all the legislators are gonna continue to get paid cause they made that the law...lol...i guess what is the worse is that we have to continue to work without pay and can not collect unemployment. thanks for the support
Back to top Go down
silbowhunter

silbowhunter

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Sounds like the state Po Po in Pa need to show what they think of it and protest by not writing any tickets etc.
Show up do what needs to be don't to protect people but why continue to bring in revenue for the state while they wont pay the people bringing in the revenue ?

Hope things turn around fast for you, we're about in the same boat real soon if they don't get something done here in IL.

They also like to threaten to shut down state ran facilities (prisons) here.
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:58 pm

well PA State Police Troopers have too much pride...Im sure we all think about shutting down but when push comes to shove we will continue to give it our all to keep the commonwealth of PA safe and secure. You are rite though...the revenue 5000 Troopers bring in is unbelievable but our Gov. could obviously care less.
Back to top Go down
SouthernSportsman

SouthernSportsman

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I admire your dedication to the people of PA. I wish your government was that commited to you guys. The city of Mobile had a problem a few years back with their city public safety workers over something. During that time there was an outbreak of "blue flu".
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:31 pm

lol...im sure it worked too...hard to get 5000 guys to agree to do something like that...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!   WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS! Empty

Back to top Go down

WE NEED A RANTS AND RAVES THREAD! GET A LOAD OF THIS!
Page 1 of 1