Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Good news and bad news for me

Go down 
+4
Dave
Joe
mathewsguy
MRA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MRA

MRA

Good news and bad news for me Empty
PostSubject: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:45 pm

Well most of u know I broke my leg in two places, the main bone down by my ankle and the smaller bone up by my knee. Well I will start with the good news because its shorter, lol. I had a couple options and chose to go with sergery for a faster less uncomfterable recovery. Im getting surgry on thursday, they will be inserting a rod all the way down my bone from my knee to ankle, then they will be putting screws in both ends to hold it in. Its not great news but atleast i wont have a full leg cast on for 6-8 weeks during the hot summer. I wont even have a cast but still will be tied up on crutches for 6-10 weeks. The bad news is just that, I figure i wont be able to get back working till the first of october. I have some decent payments I still have to make on things and will probably drain my savings out. My parents are in worse shape then i am from the past farming year so they wont be much help, to top it all off I do not have insurance but will be able to make small payments on it every month.

It may sound like im about ready to fold over and give up but I am staying in high spirits, I beleive everything happens for a reason and I know God has a plan and evrything will work out, Ill just be happy to walk again, lol. I just thought I would keep everyone updated....

P.S. The outdoot channel and sportsman channel are being watched alot at the Helms household Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Keep your head up buddy like you said things happen for a reason. Things will get better. I hate to hear your going threw a tuff time like this.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Well man I am glad to see your keeping high spirits. Hope everything works out well and your back to normal in no time.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Sorry to hear all that buddy... At least you have a great attitude about it and that will help you pull through this tough situation... Let me know if you need anything and I'll be glad to chat with you when you need someone to talk with. You have my number...

God bless you!
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:41 pm

sorry to here bout' breakin' yer leg and all but you are ,sound like keepin' your PMA up(positive mental attitude). had a riend who had the rod through their bone and it did heal pretty fast .his happened in a car wreck and he had the rod through the calf part of the leg and above the knee to the pelvis.. they walk and climb just fine today.. so just taker' easy ,watch all the huntin' shows you can ,take good notes on ideas you want to try while huntin' this year. you will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery,so hang in there bub Cool
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Yea man your attitude and faith are going to be two of the biggest things that help you get through this. You could easily have the woe is me attitude, but to take it like a man and look forward to how you can get through it speaks volumes of you as a person. I wish you the best and I will give the BIG MAN a hollar for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Sorry about the leg. Good luck with the healing process. I'm sure everthing will work out...
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am

Thats really tough to go through, I feel for you. Keep reading The Book and keeping your chin up, you got a great attitude about this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news for me   Good news and bad news for me Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news and bad news for me
Page 1 of 1