Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Double Bull or Ameristep ?

Go down 
+5
The Guide
volway
Mark
Robert
Camoed Assassin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Double Bull or Ameristep ? Empty
PostSubject: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Looking for some input on the Ameristep Bone Collector ground blind. Any of you guys ever use it. The only blinds I've ever used were a few cheap models and the double bulls. The Double Bulls are sweet but pricey. The el cheapos were to small for 2 people so trying to video out of them sucks.The DB and the Ameristep appear to be the same size so both should work for video. You can buy 2 Ameristeps to 1 DB and Bass Pro has the Ameristeps on sale in August. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm

I have an ameristep Intimadiator and love it. Mark has one as well. They are tall and big but you wont go broke buying one. Probably a good 100 bucks below Double Bull. I've hunted out of a couple other Ameristep blinds and have enjoyed them all. They are quite and easy to set up plus easy to hunt out of
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:51 pm

I have the Dominator......

it's my second Ameristep......someone else liked my other one....if you know what I mean!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Ameristep all the way,The DB are way to pricey. All of our blinds are the brickhouse 360's
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Mark I know exactly what you mean. The neighbors had a DB out for about two weeks and some construction guy stole it. That is a lot of money that is down the drain. How do the windows work in the Ameristep? Are the zippers or do they slide like the DB?
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Opps. I have the Dominater as well. We've figured out how to chain them to tree's so they are hard to steal without breaking them. The windows on the DOm work like the DB ones where you get the 360 view and can slide the opening up or down depending on where you want it plus the Dominator is about 6 1/2 feet tall. I can shoot standing up if I want and it's also nice to be able to stand and stretch after a while
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 pm

I have hunted out of both and it comes down to money. Both are very good blinds but the price is better with the Ameristeps. That is a very big deal to most of todays hunters.
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 am

I am also going to get another blind so I can take my little guy with me some this fall. I have a DB Dark Horse and its the recurve hunter model so its taller in the middle. Me and my brother are 6'8" so we needed as much room as possible, but it was expensive and every time we take it down and put it up we break one of the fiberglass rods that holds it up, not fun. Does Ameri Step have one that is roomy on the inside like the DB I have. I hope so, looking to save a few $$ on the next one.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 am

Ameristep all the way unless you want to PAY DOUBLE! lol!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Dave wrote:
Ameristep all the way unless you want to PAY DOUBLE! lol!

GOOD ONE
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Grunt and Gobble wrote:
I am also going to get another blind so I can take my little guy with me some this fall. I have a DB Dark Horse and its the recurve hunter model so its taller in the middle. Me and my brother are 6'8" so we needed as much room as possible, but it was expensive and every time we take it down and put it up we break one of the fiberglass rods that holds it up, not fun. Does Ameri Step have one that is roomy on the inside like the DB I have. I hope so, looking to save a few $$ on the next one.

They have the dominator which is either 6'8 or 6'10 in the middle and plenty big all around. I can shoot standing up in it plus it has the 360 window that you can adjust any way you need
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Both are fantastic blinds! I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Bull or Ameristep ?   Double Bull or Ameristep ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Double Bull or Ameristep ?
Page 1 of 1