Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Evolved Harvest

Go down 
+2
TheRomer
The Guide
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Guide

The Guide

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Has anyone tried any Evolved Harvest products in there food plots? If so how did they turn out? Camoed Assassin and I tried Imperial this year and Biologic and one turned out somewhat ok and the others were over taken by weeds. We are going to spray the weeds before the season comes in and over seed with some type of Brassicas. To give us that late season advantage.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I have never used it. I know alot guys that use Antler Kings Products and love it, when i start doing food plots thats what ill be useing.

very well priced aswell
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:22 am

I picked up a bag of provide clover and megaplot that I am going to try out this fall. If it works anything like the Deer Cane mineral products they make, it will be great...
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 am

Tommy when you all get ready to do it,Check your ph,Spray the field with round-up,Wait about 8-10 days,If your ph was low add some lime and a little fertilizer and then till up fiels working lime and fert into the soil.Then anything can grow in it, I'm a big fan and user of AK,They got some great stuff @great prices.Good luck with the plots.

I KNOW EVERYBODY GETS SICK OF HEARING ME SAY STUFF ABOUT THE PH LEVELS,BUT IF THEY AREN'T BETWEEN 6.0 -7.0 YOUR NOT GONNA HAVE MUCH LUCK.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:34 am

Here are a few reasons why your plots might not have turned out. The first most important step is to take soil samples. Antler King has soil sample kits that are very cheap and you can see the results within 20 minutes insted of having to ship them out and wait weeks to get your results. After you have your soil samples it should say what the ph level is and all the info you need. Then you need to add lime and fertilizer accordingly. Antler King makes an awesome fertilizer called PlotMax. You spray it on your soil a week or so before you plant it and that will give the plant some good fertilizing. After the plants are up and if they still dont look so hot Antler King has another product called JOLT fertilizer. You can spray that right over the plants and it helps them grow, and also helps them make it through the dry years. Now if you see weeds start growing up in your food plot you need to go and mow them off before they take over, theres nothing you can spray on them to kill only the weeds, ussually the plot will grow back and the weed will die off. Another way to avoid the weed problems is to seed them in the fall, septemeber to october. If you do it later you will want to fertilize well so the plants get off to a good start. If you seed in the fall you have a much less chance of weeds coming up that late then you do in the early spring or summer time. Brassicas need a little while to grow so they can form their turnip like bulb under the ground. If you want a good fall hunting plot I recommend Antler Kings Honey Hole, or their Fall/Winter/Spring mixture. The antler king products may be a little more expensive but I have used evolved harvest and other cheap brands and wished I bought the better quality ones. Also Antler King puts in a good seed treatment to help the seeds germinate and grow faster. Hopefully this helps and if you have any more questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks for the help. We actually did most of that stuff in the spring(soil samples, lime, disking, seeding and packing). Everything came up and started great. But as time went on the weeds just over took everything, we sprayed the grass out of the clover and it worked for a week or two then it was right back. We knew we were going to have a major weed problem, these areas have not been worked up in years so all the dormant seeds are now sprouting. Next year with some work we should have everything look a lot better. I was just wondering what products others were trying. I really appreciate the help. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 pm

When it comes to plots I listen to every word Jeremy says.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:09 am

Tommy what we use on our plots to get rid of the weeds is some stuff called "Post" this stuff is not cheap but it works like a champ,Will not harm broad leaf plants like Round-up.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Yeah actually we have access to that. My dad and uncle are farmers here. So I have a little bit of know how and I am familar with the process. I just forgot all about using POST. Thanks for the reminder. If you could have seen what we started with(briars, johnson grass, small trees). I would say what we have is better than what it was. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am sure I will have a few more questions in the future and the way I see it there is no bad suggestion expecially from guys that have done this for years!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evolved Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolved Harvest   Evolved Harvest Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolved Harvest
Page 1 of 1