Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth Empty
PostSubject: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:20 pm

Ok, here is what I go for you if anyone is interested. I am the Program Director at a small town, single unit YMCA, in Indiana. Each year we have a golf outing at a local course to raise money for our "Partners of Youth Campaign." The money collected goes to help scholarship community youth so that disadvantaged youth or ones from tough situations are able to partcipate when they otherwise would not have been able to. Last year to help increase the money we collect, we also tried something new. We did a "Golf Ball Drop." It was a great success and we have decided to do it again. The event takes place on June 10th, 2009.

What is a Golf Ball Drop, you ask? Basically, the staff and board members of the Y sell 1000 tickets numbered 1-1000. On the day of the event, 1000 golf balls with the number 1 to 1000 written on them are loaded into a helicoptor from a local hospital. The helicopter then goes up and hovers 30 feet above a hole off the fairway (they do it there, so it does not put a lot of divits in the fairway or on the green). The golf balls come down out of a small chute and then onto the ground. It takes a few minutes for all of the balls to drop. Whoever purchased the ticket number of the corresponding ball that is in the hole or closest to the hole is the winner.

The tickets are $5 a piece and you get to choose from the following prizes:
*Scotty Cameron Puter & TaylorMade R-9 Driver
*uPRO GPS Sytem (for golf carts)
*Diamond Bracelet (1 carat, 14k gold)
*Nintendo Wii & Will Fit Program

-Prize Values $350-$899
-Winner need not be present to win.

If you would like any tickets, please let me know. You can post below or send me an email(Probably better since I need your address and phone number). I need to know your name, address, and phone number. Also I need to know what prize you want if you would happen to be the winner. (They auction off the other prizes that the winner did not choose). I can fill your stub out for you and hold onto it if you like, or if you want I will mail your stub to you. (I will take care of the stamp.) You can send cash, or a check made out to the Miami County YMCA, or if it is easier you can send me a paypal payment to musclec@hotmail.com

Thanks to anyone who wants a ticket(s). The youth of Miami County also thank you. Remeber, you don't need to be present to win. I will make sure you prize is packaged well and shipped to you.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be as clear and descriptive as possible. I will be glad to answer any questions. I took a picture of the actual tickets, but I could not lod it on photobucket tonight for somereason. I have dial-up and the upload page would not completely load. I will try to get the pic up again soon.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm

Got the pic of the actual tickets to go through. I also forgot to put my address for anyone who is mailing a payment. It is:
Dave Chamberlain
5233 S. 50 E.
Wabash, IN 46992

Thanks again!

Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth YMCABALLDROP
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Dave I'll be buying a few tickets here soon.

United way is a big part of the funding for these programs and they've been hit hard with not meeting their budget and are cutting back on programs like the one Dave runs. This is a good way to help someone in our family. Dave selflessly works a job to help others and in doing so has given up on more money elsewhere. We need folks like Dave working in these programs. If you can help at all this is a good program and a great way to help a small community
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am

Sounds good Robert and thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 am

Sounds like a great program, save me 2 ticket ill send the $$$ friday on payday

Ill send you a PM with the info aswell

Thanks for giveing us the opp. Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:49 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Sounds like a great program, save me 2 ticket ill send the $$$ friday on payday

Ill send you a PM with the info aswell

Thanks for giveing us the opp. Dave

Will do Mike. Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Email and payment sent

Thanks again Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 am

TheRomer wrote:
Email and payment sent

Thanks again Dave

Got it... Thank you very much Mike! I really appreciate it. I replied to your email, so check it out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for all your contact info... Good luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Plenty of tickets still available...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Well, we got a ton of new members, so I wanted to get this back up at the top!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Dang i was hopeing you was posting that i won cheers lol
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:30 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Dang i was hopeing you was posting that i won cheers lol

Hopefully I will be next month... I like you optimism Wink
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, this is my last week to sell tickets... so I wanted to give you procrastinators a chance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:57 pm

lol! Dang I thought id had won again Very Happy

stop teaseing me Dave Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm

TheRomer wrote:
lol! Dang I thought id had won again Very Happy

stop teaseing me Dave Laughing

Mike, if you end up winning... I will create a new post and title it:

"Romer is the big winner!"

sorry to get yo all excited for nothing...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:24 pm

I know you would Dave I just be messin with ya Very Happy

You all need to buy one or two of these tickets, Its for a Great Cause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth   Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth Empty

Back to top Go down

Raffle Prize opportunity... Fundraiser for youth
Page 1 of 1