Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1

Go down 
+3
Mark
Robert
Camoed Assassin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 Empty
PostSubject: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm

The Guide and I are pretty new at the video thing. I was wondering what accessories do you guys recomend getting to get started and still get good footage. We have a Muddy Arm and a good head, so I was just wondering about the camera accessories like a 2x telephoto lense , wide angle lense, UV filters and such. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 pm

in my opinion you should get a rain jacket, extra batteries, wireless mic system, light that mounts to the hotshoe,
I would goe with items like this before I went with some of the other stuff. These are items that will make your video experience all the better. Also I wouldn't use HD tapes just yet. No outlet for them. Use the HD settings on the camera but use regular tapes. After you have these items then I'd look at filters and 2X lens and such. Those are good items to have but it requires a lot of extra time to change them in and out and such. More movement and lots more to learn. Once you got a year under your belt then you can move on to those other items in the summer and take the time to learn how to use them really well.
I'd also consider a verizoom controller as well. A little pricey but worth it when a monster buck is on you and you can't reach up to adjust the camera
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks Robert for the info. I'll probablly be asking to tap into your knowledge again in the future if you dont mind.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Anytime. I enjoy helping others get going with this filming thing that has me addicted
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Only thing I can add to Robert post is the VeriZoom (is a very important piece of equipment to me.....saves alot of movement $230 B&H photo
Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 DSC03907
Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 DSC03906

Samson wireless mic..... $250 or less B&H photo
Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 DSC03909

rain cover $75.....well worth the price (Campbell's Camera)
Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 DSC03910
Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 DSC03912

The rain cover will fit it a bit better if you work with it, just put it on for photo

1-2 extra batteries are a must...off name brand is fine. $50 each EBay

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 pm

I still need to add a light to my rig....thinking LED......about $100-200

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks for all the help Robert and Mike.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Mark. Is there any specific reason you went with the VERI ZOOM instead of one of the others off of the Campbells site.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 am

Cool info!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 am

Remember though with wireless mics you will lose the sound of the animal walking or crunching in the leaves. I would ditch the wireless mic and go with a good shotgun mic. It will pick up all the sounds of nature, the shot and the hunter talking during and afterwards. Definitely a tripod for interviews, ground blinds or whatever is a must too. Just my opinion. You want good, useable footage after spending the money and time devoted to filming.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks Jody
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 am

Jody wrote:
Remember though with wireless mics you will lose the sound of the animal walking or crunching in the leaves. I would ditch the wireless mic and go with a good shotgun mic. It will pick up all the sounds of nature, the shot and the hunter talking during and afterwards. Definitely a tripod for interviews, ground blinds or whatever is a must too. Just my opinion. You want good, useable footage after spending the money and time devoted to filming.

The XHA1 will run a shotgun and a wireless and interframe the sound together so you get the best of both worlds. Not all camera's will do that but this one will
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Robert wrote:
Jody wrote:

The XHA1 will run a shotgun and a wireless and interframe the sound together so you get the best of both worlds. Not all camera's will do that but this one will

Cool thats a plus.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 pm

I got the Veri Zoom in a trade.....so thats why I have that model

And yes the XHA1 will run both Wireless and shotgun mic's........

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Last edited by Mark on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Robert wrote:

Now that would be perfect then! I like that.
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I have a wireless that I will probably just use for field interviews just because I don't like to hear the noise it can make while moving around on clothing. I'm hitting for an Azden 8" Shotgun Mic to run in the XLR plug to capture all the real time audio of the hunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1   Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for those who have a Canon XHA 1
Page 1 of 1