Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

got it planted!!!! come on rain.

Go down 
+3
Joe
MRA
tndeerslayer25
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tndeerslayer25

got it planted!!!! come on rain. Empty
PostSubject: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 am

okay guys so i planted some austrian winter peas and purple top turnips yesterday and now i just need some rain.. my question is will the seed make it 5 days before the next big chance of rain the ground does have a lil moisture and the seed is covered up 1/2 inch in most spots.. the clover/chicory i planted is lookin amazing.. other ? i have is when can i expect the deer to start hammering it??
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:41 am

Yup your seed will be perfectly fine in the ground for that long........ The deer should start hitting the peas an 2-4 weeks but they wont hit the turnips till it freezes. When it freezes the tops of the turnips turn to sugar and they will destroy them. Seriously wait a few days after it freezes and taste the stuff, its pritty sweet. Once they ate up all the tops they will start digging out the bulbs under ground.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Hope you get the rain you hope for.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Come on rain. Keep us posted on how it does. We are thinking of some sort of turnip something mix for next year.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm

i planted some evolved habitats prograze(clover,chicory,brassica) and they absolutely killed it. litterally. so im thinking if your herd numbers are up and additional food source is low then yhey may be on it sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 pm

sounds good hope it works out for ya
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:38 pm

That's awesome... hope all your hard work pays off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got it planted!!!! come on rain.   got it planted!!!! come on rain. Empty

Back to top Go down

got it planted!!!! come on rain.
Page 1 of 1