Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Pretty cool experience last night.

Go down 
+4
whitetail fanatic
littleslink
Dave
Joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Pretty cool experience last night. Empty
PostSubject: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 am

With the season drawing closer and closer the "itch" is starting to hit me pretty good. So last night after I got off work I had some time before supper so I decided to walk to the woods to see what I could get myself into. After walking the woods and seeing some good sign I decided to just take a seat up against a tree and see if anything would make an appearence in a spot I saw a lot of tracks coming out of the woods. About half an hour before sun down 2 fawn made their way out about 50 yards in front of me. Shortly there after a nice adult doe came following her young out except she came out closer to where I was at. They fed in front of me for about 10-15 minuntes before making their way over the hill. Was pretty cool to see since I never been in those woods before and was going on just a hunch of where some were coming out. Sure does get you looking forward to season being in the woods on a quite evening. I was telling Darius that I am not sure if I will be wearing camo since they had no clue what so ever I was there and I wasn't what you would consider very well hidden LOL. Obviously I am kidding but it goes to show you if the wind is in your face you can get away getting close to deer even when your in sneakers, jeans, and a T-shirt.

Last edited by Joe on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 am

Glad you got to see some deer and you are correct, the season can't get here soon enough!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:11 am

Sounds like a good night. One of those fawns you were watching could very well be on your hit list in a couple of years...
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Thats awesome. Is it a place that you can get some photos? i have found that if i can get some live pics from my regular camera you can really capture some great life in some still shots and be able to even make an album of some sort and deep tabs and watch some deer grow up...
Not for everybody but it is pretty cool.
Good job just getting out and enjoying the outdoors the way they are suppposed to be.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 pm

sounds like a good time man
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:25 pm

whitetail fanatic wrote:
Thats awesome. Is it a place that you can get some photos?

I was actually filming the whole thing. Thought if nothing else it would make some good filler footage.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Good Deal Joe, I bet that was fun to just watch them
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Awesome.........When you least expect it....Expect it! lol

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Probably just didn't see you as a threat. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Darius wrote:
Probably just didn't see you as a threat. Haha.

FUNNY guy right there. Razz
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool experience last night.   Pretty cool experience last night. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty cool experience last night.
Page 1 of 1