Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

bear season in ky

Go down 
+3
Joe
Robert
kyhareraiser
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 pm

our hunting season has a new thing this season and it's black bear hunting. no baiting permitted . i know nuthin' about bear hunting ,and since the season dates are dec. 19-20 ,i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me where and what to look for in this time of the year to find a bear. should i be looking now ,or do they move arround alot/ like i said ,i know nuthin' about bear hunting and i would at least have a hint of what's in store for me
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:32 pm

I thought I heard they were going on a draw or limited count. We've not ever had them in Indiana so I'm not much help on the bear
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Never hunted them before so I am no help. But I know from some of the people I have talked to in South Eastern KY they have been having problems with black bears for the last two years.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:44 pm

They are very sneaky your best bet is to try and find the food they will be eating. they like hanging out on piplines. I would asume the laws would be about the same as here if you find a bear den you can not hunt over it .try and go out and find out where they are traveling look for scat and tracks in the mud. They will be packing on as much food as possible. Hunt the thick nasty stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:37 pm

No help here either, but i sure hope you get one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 pm

i will be bear hunting in PA this year after my trail cameras took a beating this summer/fall from al the bear. I would hunt the food sources...wild grapes/acorns/beech nuts.... then get into the thick heavy cover. Bears love to hide in the mountain laurel here in PA.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Would love to bear hunt with my bow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bear season in ky Empty
PostSubject: Re: bear season in ky   bear season in ky Empty

Back to top Go down

bear season in ky
Page 1 of 1