Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Is This The End Of Sport Hunting

Go down 
+10
Jody
oregonzach
whitetail pcs
PSE32
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
MRA
kyhareraiser
Bowhunterchick
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhunterchick

Bowhunterchick

Is This The End Of Sport Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Leading Conservation Groups Call on U.S. Senate to Block “Regulatory Czar” Nomination

15 Groups Express Concerns over Cass Sunstein

Fifteen of the nation’s leading conservation and sportsmen organizations sent a letter today to all U.S. Senators requesting they oppose the nomination of Cass R. Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA).

In the letter, the organizations express deep reservations about Sunstein’s views on animal rights and hunting. Sunstein has been quoted as saying, “we might ban hunting altogether, at least if it’s sole purpose is human recreation” as well as his discussions about offering animals the rights to sue humans.

The letter makes clear that as the head of the OIRA, a powerful federal agency with extensive authority to block rules, such views, “raise serious concerns about the agenda Mr. Sunstein will carry with him into this position if he is confirmed by the U.S. Senate.”

Sunstein’s controversial views on animal rights, hunting, and agriculture caused two Senators, Saxby Chambliss (R- GA) and John Cornyn (R- TX) to temporarily place “holds” on his nomination. This prevented the nomination from moving forward prior to the August recess. Though those holds were subsequently removed, there remains much concern throughout the conservation community.

The groups signing the letter include: Conservation Force, Dallas Safari Club, Fur Takers of America, Houston Safari Club, Masters of Foxhounds Association of North America, Mule Deer Foundation, National Shooting Sports Foundation, National Trappers’ Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, Pope and Young Club, Shikar Safari Club, Texas Wildlife Association, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance, Whitetails Unlimited, Inc. and the Wild Sheep Foundation.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229
Ph. 614/888-4868 • Fax 614/888-0326

-30–

Greg R. Lawson
(614) 888-4868 x 214

Sharon Hayden
(614) 888-4868 x 226

Click here to view original letter
http://www.ussportsmen.org/Document.Doc?id=111

To see original Press release visit link below
www.stableyoutdoors.com
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 pm

man i tell ya what,this beats anything i've ever seen or heard of.. what's a person gonna have to do,show proof of income to show he needs to hunt to feed their family.. if it comes to anything like that,the economywill really go down hill cause some people will quit work and get on foodstamps just so they can hunt
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Tell ya what if they do get ride of hunting I will seriously be thinking of moving out of this country. They say all the time that they are trying to create jobs for people, well I dont think that they realize just how many jobs will be lost when they ban hunting. I honestly dont think they can actually do it, cause im going to hunt on my property if I want to, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

" as well as his discussions about offering animals the rights to sue humans."

Now thats the funniest thing i have heard in a long time, I wounder who would get that money lol scratch
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:01 pm

If anything like that ever happened I would start hunting politicians in the summer and still hunt deer in the fall.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm

There is no way this guy is in his right mind. He is just an over degreed politician that thinks he knows best for this country. It will never happen. There are to many people that will stand up for whats right. But if it does happen, Hello Canada!!!
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm

I really don't think they would ever be able to do something like that, but it's still a scary thought. That's just another ignorant politician.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

What is this world coming to??? That is absurd! He seems like a lunatic.....

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for posting this, it's important to know whats going on with the Washington takeover. If this doesn't scare you nothing will!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 am

All I know is I am going home tonight and I am going to hug my bucks!!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am

That's some crazy stuff, but the insurance companies and the loggers will never let that happen. They have too much pull, and they want all of the deer gone...
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:24 am

Littleslink, I hope and pray that you are right! I can't imagine not being able to hunt.....I really just can't even imagine that!!!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

I don't think they could do somthing like this but just thinking about it is bad enough!
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 am

I guess I would have to go to jail on a regular basis because they are not getting my weapons and they are not telling me I can't hunt....God says I can and as long as I do it responsibly its none of their business. It may hurt my career that I currently have as a police officer but screw all of that crazy stuff. How can you nominate someone who says animals have a right to sue?!?! Who foots the bill for the lawyer and the hearing for the animal? TAXPAYERS thats who. We have a bunch of nuts running our country. If they passed legislation to enforce a gun ban I would NOT enforce it. They would have to fire me I guess. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:32 pm

As if this guy isn't weird enough...I actually heard about this at my salon, lol. The lady who owns the place is from Germany and her husband hunts. This was probaby about a month ago...I just blew it off thinking that there is no way someone would have that kind of agenda!! This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!
Back to top Go down
Bowhunterchick

Bowhunterchick

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:46 am

The way things are going now days we cant put anything past them
We have to stand up for our rights
IDK what I would do without hunting or venison
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This The End Of Sport Hunting   Is This The End Of Sport Hunting Empty

Back to top Go down

Is This The End Of Sport Hunting
Page 1 of 1