Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!

Go down 
+10
SCHunter
mathewsguy
Mark
Dave
Camoed Assassin
whitetail pcs
TheRomer
Joe
Corey
Mike
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:13 am

Man what a night!!!! Glenn and I took another bowfishing trip with a couple of buddies and absolutley dropped the hammer on some BIG fish!!!! We missed our only Grass Carp of the night, but we were drilling some 15 to 20 pound Buffalo non-stop! Even finished off the night by landing a 36 pound Flat Head off our jug line!

Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 1
Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 2
Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 3
Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 4
Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 5
Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! 007

Last edited by Mike on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:30 am

Thats awesome man!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:29 pm

That looks like blast, great shooten Mike on those carp, and man what a catfish
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Good gosh.....Big Fish! That looks like alot of fun!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Looks like a blast. I want to find a place around here to go.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Nice Job, Mike... Looks like you boys had a great time!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Thats a nice cat!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 pm

looks like a blast
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Can u convert a bow that you have been using for hunting into a bowfishing rig? If so, what would be required and what poundage would it be at? My old PSE is at 65lbs right now.
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 pm

SCHunter wrote:
Can u convert a bow that you have been using for hunting into a bowfishing rig? If so, what would be required and what poundage would it be at? My old PSE is at 65lbs right now.

The answer is Yes, you can convert any bow to a bowfish rig.
You will need a reel: either a bottle reel that mounts where your sight screw holes are but takes a little getting used to, or a 808 zebco that mounts on a reel seat that screws into your stablizer hole which is what I use and recommend, you'll need a roller rest and a barbed solid glass arrow and your set to go. You can purchase a bottle reel package that comes with everything to get started for about $ 150.00 or you can buy a Zebco and all the other items you need for around $ 75.00-$90.00
Poundage is up to you but typicaly around 40-55 lbs works just fine.
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Would it be possible to lower my poundage by that much?? It was at 70 or so and I think even up to 80 at one time.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am

I'd say you all had a blast. Looks like fun
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 pm

SCHunter wrote:
Would it be possible to lower my poundage by that much?? It was at 70 or so and I think even up to 80 at one time.

If your bow has 70-80 lbs limbs then the 65 lbs that your currently at is kinda pushing it a little and is about all I would attempt to lower it to, but you can most definitely shoot 65 lbs for a bowfishing set up.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Man you guys laid the smack down them, way to go.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:58 pm

Man that's my next gig. Bow fishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!   Addicted to Bowfishing!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Addicted to Bowfishing!!!!
Page 1 of 1