Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

For those who rattle

Go down 
+6
Camoed Assassin
Early Morning Gobble
Darius
Dave
MRA
Joe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

For those who rattle Empty
PostSubject: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 pm

What do you use? A rattling bag, antlers, somthing else? I have never tried it before because of the buck to doe ratio is not ideal, but after talking to a lot of guys who hunt in my area they say it is very successful during the "hot" time of the year. So I figured I would give it a shot this November when it should be rocking. I am gonna be using a real set of 130in antlers that hopefully bring in a big boy. So what have you had success with??
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 pm

I would go with real horns if you dont mind carrying them. I have used rattle bags and the noise doesnt carry as far as real horns. What I do is do a rattling sequence and hit them together sorta loud and if nothing responds on the next sequence I hit them hard so the sound will carry furture. Here in kansas during the rut you would be dumb not to carry horns. I rattle ussually rattle in different bucks every time I do a sequence, but they are not always shooters either and they dont always come in for a bow shot. I try to stress real hard to my hunters though to bring horns and a grunt call, its a night and day difference.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 pm

I've used bags in the past, but this year, I will be going with a real set of horns... and of course the grunt tube will go hand in hand with the horns...
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 pm

I have used real horns and a rattling bag. I myself carry the rattling bag mainly because it in smaller and convenient. Real horns for me are big and bulky. I have had great success with rattling and grunting. I brought in my first buck with a rattling bag and many other bucks from shooters to 4 points. I usually do the sequence too. I rattle for 5 or so min and quit for a bit and if no action then rattle again. Of course a grunt here and there. Mainly during the rut is when I have had the most success. Great topic Joe.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 pm

i have used rattle bags and have had success calling in bucks with them but i do think real antlers sound better. There only draw back is carrying them into n out of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:49 pm

I mostly use a rattle bag, but from time to time I will use real antlers.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

This is a cool topic. As we were hanging my Muddy stand yesterday we talked about the set up being ideal just for rattling because of where the sound will carry to. I would love to have real ones but I won't give up any of my buck kills.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

I have use the bags but never have had any luck with them
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 pm

I use a rattle bag and have shot my best 2 bucks with my bow when i rattled them in.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

I use rattle bags as well. Mix in some grunts and a snort wheeze, and the big boys will be rolling in shortly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who rattle   For those who rattle Empty

Back to top Go down

For those who rattle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: All About the Whitetails-
Jump to: