Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Bowfishing kit??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SCHunter

SCHunter

Bowfishing kit?? Empty
PostSubject: Bowfishing kit??   Bowfishing kit?? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I've never done any bowfishing but I think I may enjoy it. I don't want to sink a lot of money into something to find out its not for me so I want some guidance here. I have said before on another post I have a PSE Dominator 3D set at 65# with 80% let off or something like that. I have been told that the poundage is more than usual for bowfishing but it is fine to use. I am considering getting a little starter kit to put on my PSE due to finances just to see if I like it and then if I discover its for me I can upgrade from there. I'm thinkinf of going with the Bohning starter kit. Its about 30 bucks and comes with reel, arrow, line, and safety slide.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Bowfishing kit?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowfishing kit??   Bowfishing kit?? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 pm

I have never done it myself but would love to sometime.

I think you will be hooked.

Thats not a bad deal at all for a starter kit i might just have to look into one of those myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

Bowfishing kit?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowfishing kit??   Bowfishing kit?? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm

I have done alot of bowfishing, and for starters you don't want to shoot a bow over 45 pounds of draw weight, when you miss and you will miss alot, we all do. Your arrow will be so buired in the bottom and you may not get it back out. I have used the old string and reel set up and it to me is a bigger headache than its worth. I know you said you were on a budget so I'll steer you in the right direction. Go over to Archery Talk and look in the classified for a good AMS bow fishing set up, new they are about 90 bucks, but i have seen them used on AT for about 30 to 50 bucks. Arrows? any bowfishing arrow will do the job. Bowfishing points? Stick with the muzzy bow fishing tip, they are cheap and very affective. I hope I shed somelight on your new quest. BH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bowfishing kit?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowfishing kit??   Bowfishing kit?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowfishing kit??
Page 1 of 1