Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas

Go down 
+12
bowhuntr22
MRA
LawCoBowhunter
bowGal
Joe
Corey
TheRomer
hntnksn
Dave
huntquest
oaktree
Robert
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Just have a minute on the computer but I wanted to check in with you all. Zach and I made it out to western Kansas last night about 5:00 and changed and headed to the blinds. We got in our blinds around 5:45 and within 15 minutes Turkey were in the field in front of both of us. By 6:15 Zach had arrowed a big Rio tom and by 6:30 I had arrowed a hug Eastern Tom. Around 6:45 I had another big Rio come in but I missed judged the distance and put my arrow just over his back. So in one hour we had seen close to 45 turkey and about 15 Toms. We called it a night and headed back for dinner. We got up bright and early this morning and hit our stands around 7:00. By 7:30 Zach had shot a big Eastern Tom and by 7:45 I had shot my 2nd Tom as well. We hunted a total of 3 hours in two days and had arrowed 4 big toms and seen about 115 turkeys. At one point Zach had over 30 birds in front of him.
This was simply the best turkey hunt you could imagine. I don't know any other place where you can go hunt turkey with a bow and tag two birds in three hours each, Oh and on film as well. Richard has more birds that I've ever seen and he knows exactly where and when to find them. His wife cooked us a great home cooked meal of stripper bass, clams, and shrimp and some kind of yummy fry's. I'll write more about this later and post up some pictures. You'll also get to see some great footage as well. On my second bird, he stepped in front of a barrel as I drew my bow and when I shot the arrow went through him and into the barrel and pinned him to it. Was great film. All in all it was the best hunt I've ever been on. Zach felt the same as well.
Back to top Go down
oaktree

oaktree

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Sounds like a blast congrats.
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Congrats Robert!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Awesome job Robert and Zach. That is great to hear. Can't wait to see the footage! Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your stay and travel back safely.

Great job Richard!
Back to top Go down
hntnksn

hntnksn

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:21 pm

just want to say my wife and myself enjoyed having both of you here.

it wasn't a long stay. but it was effective.

all in all it was a GREAT hunt. and i APPRECIATE the compliments.

i truly pride myself in learning my preys habits and weaknesses. and try to give each and every hunter the best experience i can.

again Robert and Zach CONGRATS!!!!!!

Richard
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Awesome news Guys cheers , congrats to the both of ya

Cant wait to see the pics and videos

You da man Richard Cool

Have a safe trip back
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Awesome guys! Congrats on a great hunt. Im sure that wont be the last time you you go hunting with Richard from the sound of things.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:59 am

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
bowGal

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:11 am

Congrat's -
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:36 am

Great news congrats!Can't wait to see some footage.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:33 am

Nice job guys, ready for the footage. sounds like richards property is loaded with turkeys
Back to top Go down
hntnksn

hntnksn

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:38 am

hey Robert wasn't there 2 misses on BIG Rio's................. Razz
Back to top Go down
bowhuntr22

bowhuntr22

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:57 pm

congrats on the birds boys
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:14 pm

congrats guys.....well done

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Conrates to both Robert & Zach on taking some nice birds
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 pm

That's awesome! Great work boys!!
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Way to lay it down boys! Nice you got it on film too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas   Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas Empty

Back to top Go down

Robert and Zach checking in from Kansas
Page 1 of 1