Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Any hunter from or hunted indiana

Go down 
+3
Joe
LawCoBowhunter
forrestsworldofhunting
7 posters
AuthorMessage
forrestsworldofhunting

forrestsworldofhunting

Any hunter from or hunted indiana Empty
PostSubject: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:22 pm

HAve you hunted indiana? If so do you think the hunting is better or worse sense the one buck rule?

For great information on the outdoors come visit are site forrestsworldofhunting.com
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:59 pm

It will depend on who you ask,you will get different answers...Myself,I don't care much for it...I really can't see no great improvement since we have had it.other guys will say different...Some guys I know think it will put a booner behind every tree,but these guys are the same ones who shoot the little guys a gripe that there is no big deer...If you want big deer,let them grow up,you don't need a law or rule for it...It's here to stay at least for another 3 years any ways...I would like to see a earn a buck or something in the near future...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 pm

I really like the law. I believe it has done its job as far as letting some bucks have a chance to grow. Hope they never get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:17 pm

I agree, I dont like the one buck rule. If you want to break down statistics, the body size and rack size of the deer in Indiana have been getting bigger for the last 25 years. Global Warming, better farm chemicals, bigger population, food plots, and on and on have also claimed responsability for the bigger deer. Letting people take another buck with a bow, allows you the chance to cull, thin, and manage your herd. I truly believe every deer with a bow is a trophy.

I would definately go along with the earn a buck cheers
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 am

I love the one buck rule. It stresses people to pass up the little ones to get a bigger one. For us avid hunters we pass up the small ones anyway. If we were allowed 2 bucks most hunters would take two bucks. With the one buck rule that one buck that wouldn't have got shot will be bigger next year and so on and so on.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Well, I moved to Indiana after they allready had gone to the one buck rule, so I can't compare it directly. I really have mixed feelings. Indiana's deer herd is huge and definitely needs to be properly managed. I don't know if the one buck rule has increased the number of does taken, which is needed. I'm ok with the one buck rule, but I would love to see an earn a buck, with only one buck shot with a gun. I would be in favor of antler point restrictions also. I don't mind DNR using all of the tools to properly manage the herd.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 pm

The one buck rule hasn't done anything to help the Indiana herd. People that will manage for bigger deer will do that not matter what and there are still folks that will shoot small bucks each year. Our deer herd continues to grow to crazy numbers and a second buck in an earn a buck situation would do wonders. There is a reason you can shoot insane numbers of doe in Indiana. Growing up with a father that was a trophy hunter I saw lots of great deer come in our door. It wasn't because of anything other than he managered for bigger deer and only shoot mature bucks. If you manage your land for more mature deer then you'll always have a shot at more mature deer but the biggest complaint I hear from everyone is that the land around theirs is a "if it's brown it's down" rule with the folks that hunt it so I have to believe that the one buck rule isn't really helping to grow bigger bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any hunter from or hunted indiana   Any hunter from or hunted indiana Empty

Back to top Go down

Any hunter from or hunted indiana
Page 1 of 1