Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Moose is on the board!!!

Go down 
+14
The Guide
hoosierhunter34
Joe
Glenn
PSE32
littleslink
Mark
BowBo
Robert
Dave
mathewsguy
Tall Tine
oregonzach
MOOSE
18 posters
AuthorMessage
MOOSE

MOOSE

Moose is on the board!!! Empty
PostSubject: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Well boys and girls I had a great opening day hunt in Indiana. My cooperating teacher that I'm doing my student teaching with told me to take the day off and enjoy opening day so I did! Got on stand at my house about an hour before daylight yesterday morning. There was a light frost that morning and was about 38 degrees so it looked to be promising. That morning ended in nothing. I went back out at about 3:30 and got back on stand. Nothing going on until about 7:15 then I noticed what looked like the backside of a deer in the brush about 75 yards off. It was starting to get dark and figured it wouldn't come my way. I put down my Nikons and looked over to my right, and there was a doe standing right next to where I have my ground blind set up. I thought I had set up in the wrong spot!! They hung out for a few minutes then started the other way, I reached in my Keyes backpack and pulled out my fawn bleat. Figured it was my only hope, I got on it and they stopped turned and headed straight my way, just like I wanted they to! When they got behind a big pine I drew back, and they stopped! It felt like I was at full draw for an hour! When she came out from behind the tree, I put my 20 yard pin on her and let her have it! It instantly started bulldozing so I knew I hit her, but not sure how well. I was all kinda shook up! I could hear her bulldozing then stop. I waited about 45 minutes to get down, then walked over and found my arrow that was broke off and good blood on it and right where I hit her. I marked my spot and walked to the house to get some lights and call my good buddy Joe Paul. He luckily was on his way back from filming and said he'd stop by my house and help me look. When he got there, we found a good thick blood trail for about 75 yards and found her laying in the creek bed! I couldnt be happier! My first deer and first deer with a bow! The shot placement was the best but it was a heart shot and made a good clean kill! Joe guided me on field dressing her and I couldnt done it without him!

Moose is on the board!!! IMG_1275
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Nice job man! Congrats on a big doe, thats the way to start your season off!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 am

Congrats! That is a nice doe!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 am

congrats man
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Awesome job Moose! Way to go!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Congrats on your first deer and with a bow too. That's great
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Congrats again Moose.... I just read through the story again. Way to go man... Now it is time for you to take a buck with the bow. You have some confidence and know how to do it...
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Congratulations Moose!
Great job scoring your first deer!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Moose way to go...... Congrats

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Nice work Moose...
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Way to go big guy!
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Very Cool Mike , congrates on a fine lookin doe. I can tell by the smile on your face that your hooked now , way to go buddy.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 10:30 pm

That a boy Moose. Folks this guy was flat out tore up when I talked to him on the phone and when I got to his house. He is hooked now. The blood trail was fantastic. 20 yards in I looked back at Moose and said "Moose you just killed your first deer, she can't be far." Congrats again man and hope its the first of many.
Back to top Go down
hoosierhunter34

hoosierhunter34

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:44 am

Nice job big fella! Now you got some meat in the freezer time to focus on Mr. Monster Buck. Good Luck with the rest of season.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Hey congrats on the doe. Looks like some good eating.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 pm

nice piece moose!
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:27 am

Congrats! Now your hooked for sure!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Congrats
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose is on the board!!!   Moose is on the board!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose is on the board!!!
Page 1 of 1