Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Nice encounter to start the season.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hoosierhunter34

hoosierhunter34

Nice encounter to start the season. Empty
PostSubject: Nice encounter to start the season.   Nice encounter to start the season. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Opening morning indiana bow season I was sitting in a brand new stand on a new property. I've never hunted it before but the sign was there. I was pumped to get in a tree. I got into the stand and it wasn't long before i had the first deer right underneath my stand crunching on acorns. After about an hour of hand feeding acorns down to the yearling I heard another deer moving my direction out of the CRP field. First deer I saw was about a 2 1/2 yr old 8 pointer. Right behind him was approximately a 140" deer. It was a real tall 10 pointer with palmation on the mainbeams. Talk about a holy crap moment. Was not expecting that an hour into season. He made his way to about 35 yds and stopped broadside to eat the acorns. I had told my self before I went out there that it had to be a big mature deer in order for me to take it. I knew there were about 3 170" deer on our other property. I studied him long and hard and decided to pass on him. I judged him to be a about 3 1/2 maybe 4 1/2 at the most. One more year and he is gonna be a monster but wow what a way to start the season!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Nice encounter to start the season.   Nice encounter to start the season. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Thats will power right there. Congrats on a great time in the stand
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Nice encounter to start the season.   Nice encounter to start the season. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Sounds like an awesome start to the season... Hopefully you get a crack at one of those bigger bucks.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Nice encounter to start the season.   Nice encounter to start the season. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Thats a great way to start the season. Good luck getting on the one your after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice encounter to start the season.   Nice encounter to start the season. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice encounter to start the season.
Page 1 of 1