Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!

Go down 
+6
volway
TheRomer
Robert
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
Dave
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! Empty
PostSubject: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Well, I am making my first ever overnight hunting trip. I been hunting for years but have never hunted anywhere were I have had to spend the night (Mostly because I never had the days off). I finally got some vacation days for hunting so tomorrow morning I will be making the trip to Southern Indiana to a for a special millitary draw firearms hunt.

I will doing a fiearms only hunt and I will be hitting the woods at a great time. I will be hunting with my buddy Jack (JackHammer). For the hunt you have to hunt with a buddy and Jack got drawn on Monday, so I am his buddy and I got drawn on Tuesday, so he is mine. It worked out well. We have two different units to hunt, so we plan on sitting all day both days.

I will be hunting in Indiana with a firerm for the first time. Entering the woods with me will be my Mossberg 500 with the Nikon Slughunter BDC rectile scope. I have never taken a deer with a firearm before so it should be an exciting opportunity.

Not sure if I will be able to get on the internet down there, but if I can, I will be sure to give you some updates in the evenings. Everyone stay safe and hunt hard. Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Good luck to ya. Your sure are hitting the woods at a good time. You should deffinitlly be in some deer.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Good luck to both of you guys.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Here she is:

First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! Sluggun
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:01 pm

Zach and I always enjoying going down for that draw. Good luck and I wish you and Jack the best
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Robert wrote:
Zach and I always enjoying going down for that draw. Good luck and I wish you and Jack the best

Thanks for all your help in getting us prepared! I hope it pays off!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 pm

good luck to the both of you guys, so do you get to hunt both days or does the buddy just have to sit there and watch(not sure how that works)
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:40 pm

and btw good looking gun you got there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:43 pm

TheRomer wrote:
good luck to the both of you guys, so do you get to hunt both days or does the buddy just have to sit there and watch(not sure how that works)

Yes, the "buddy" gets to hunt as well... so we will both be sitting with our guns at the ready for two days straight.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:45 pm

TheRomer wrote:
and btw good looking gun you got there Very Happy

Thank you sir... Not quite as fancy as that decked out camo one you have... but I hope it does the job if my pointer finger gets a little itchy.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am

Good luck to you both Dave,Good time to be in the woods,(Well when is it not)
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:26 pm

good luck and nice looking gun dave. Break er in right.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Good luck man I know from talking to you your ready to go. I hope you guys get a few good ones.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:30 am

Well... it is 3:30 AM... We will be heading to the woods here in a half hour. Hopefully we will have some good reports later...
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:54 am

Cant wait to see the results of the trip
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:34 am

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 am

Good luck man, have fun and be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!   First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun! Empty

Back to top Go down

First Hunting Trip with Slug Gun!
Page 1 of 1