Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

OK, who shoots a Rage?

Go down 
+23
Stap3s
countryboy
OutdoorEaly
Godfather
hntnksn
TheRomer
mathewsguy
Darius
PSE32
huntquest
littleslink
Adam
MOOSE
Dave
Mike
Glenn
bowhuntr22
MRA
Mrs Volway
Robert
Corey
Joe
oregonzach
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oregonzach

oregonzach

OK, who shoots a Rage? Empty
PostSubject: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 pm

I have never liked the mechanicals, but it seems like the Rage has really made a name for itself. Several people I have talked with recently have switched to them, and now they've got me thinking of making the switch. So who has experience with them?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:00 am

I shot them a few year back. Alot of people are hesitant to use the mechanicals bc of a fear of the blades won't deploy. With Rages that will not be a problem because of the rear deployment. However, the reason I don't use them anymore is because of the O-rings. They dry rot and dry rot FAST. That dry rot will lead to the blades opening up while in flight.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:12 am

Shot em for 3 years and I LOVE EM! My eperiences are that they fly great, make huge holes, leave great blood trails, and take the animal down very quick. Turned my family and friends on to them as well.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:51 am

I've not used them before but I am planning on using them this year
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 am

Robert wrote:
I've not used them before but I am planning on using them this year

Me too. Since I shot low #, Mr. Volway wanted to give me the biggest entry/kill hole we could get. I haven't gotten a shot at Mr. Tom yet, but hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am

I have seen the results from rage broadheads on a good half dozen deer this fall from my clients and now i want to get some. I have a pack of the three blades but would rather have the 2 blades for a 2 inch hole, let me tell you i now rocomend any one that comes out here to use them. Joe has some good advice about them also i seen about the dry rot. The best way to approach that is to keep them in the pack as long as possible or to keep extra O rings on hand. Believe me the deer that were shot with the rage were easier to track due to massive blood trails and quicker kills. GOOD TOPIC ZACH!!!!
Back to top Go down
bowhuntr22

bowhuntr22

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:37 pm

i used the 2 blades last season. i shot 3 deer and stevie wonder could have followed the blood trails on any of those deer.
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey Zach, get Mike to show you the pics he took the year he shot the high tines buck, The two blades are beyond lethal
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 pm

I shot this buck with the Rage 2 Blade in 2007. I have honestly never seen that much blood on the ground. These pics are pretty graphic, but the line on the tree is from the blood spraying out as he ran by it. The arrow laying on the ground underneath is where it landed on the pass through COVERED in the good red stuff. And the picture of him is the way he looked when we walked up on him. It took me 5 minutes to clean the blood off of him to get a profile pic. Unbelievable carnage!!!

OK, who shoots a Rage? DSC00944
OK, who shoots a Rage? DSC00957
OK, who shoots a Rage? DSC00945
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 pm

[quote="Mike"]I shot this buck with the Rage 2 Blade in 2007. I have honestly never seen that much blood on the ground. These pics are pretty graphic, but the line on the tree is from the blood spraying out as he ran by it. The arrow laying on the ground underneath is where it landed on the pass through COVERED in the good red stuff. And the picture of him is the way he looked when we walked up on him. It took me 5 minutes to clean the blood off of him to get a profile pic. Unbelievable carnage!!!

Talk about hitting him in the pump station.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Yowza!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I have shot the two blade the past two years. The things are incredible. The only thing I don't like about them is they are not as durable as a fixed blade like the G5 Strikers or Muzzys. Last year I had to shoot a buck that was slightly quartering to, because it was in my only windw with a shot opportunity. Of course, I ended up hitting him a little high and a tad forward, right in the top of the shoulder. Needless to say my arrow only went in a couple inches and broke off. Blood was very scarce and never found him. I know that if I had a fixed blade on it would have punched through. That is my only dissapointment with them. I guess all that could have been avoided if my arrow hit a few inches back, but I thought I hit him right where I wanted to since h was quartering to. Won't make that mistake again. It was a sad night. Hopefully the buck survived.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Forgot to say... great pics, Mike. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Wow Mike, thats some serious damage! Good info guys, thanks for the opinions.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 am

I've been seriously thinking about trying out the Rage 2 blades this season. I've heard to many good things about them, it's hard not to.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Do you think applying some vaseline around the base where the O ring is could save it from dry rotting? I hear nothing but great things about Rage.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I started to use the rage three blade last year and would not switch to anything else. It puts a hole in those deer like no other which leaves a blood trail a blind man could follow. Both my brother and I shot bucks last year that did not go more that 40 yards...

The rage practice broadhead is also a nice bonus as well. Shooting that gives you the confidence you need that your broadheads will hit the mark without ruining them or the target by practicing with the real thing...
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:40 pm

I have never been a big fan of mechanicals. But one of my hunters shot a calf elk last year with a Rage broadhead. I can say that I was very impressed! See the results below!!

OK, who shoots a Rage? Rb
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I think Mike's picture says it all, I have some and cant wait to smack a whitetail with one.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:45 pm

I have always been a muzzy man myself but from these replies and pics I might have to make the conversion. I've heard lots of good things about them.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:26 am

My step father owns a butcher shop here in new york and i switched to rage 2 blade for this upcoming season after i saw what they did to the deer that came in there. i cant wait to put one in a big old buck
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Darius wrote:
I have always been a muzzy man myself but from these replies and pics I might have to make the conversion. I've heard lots of good things about them.

X2, they look devistating
Back to top Go down
hntnksn

hntnksn

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:46 am

i shoot them and LOVE them.

as far as the o-ring. you can buy 100 of them at any hardware store. cheap

the 1 draw back is deploying in quiver. if you don't have the magnetic hood. it can be a problem. i simply modified my blades a little to prevent this.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 pm

i picked them up this year all i can say is if anyone had questions about them click on the link on the top left of the page and watch the videos very cool.
Back to top Go down
Godfather

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm

I shoot the Rage 2-blade and have been very happy with the results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   OK, who shoots a Rage? Empty

Back to top Go down

OK, who shoots a Rage?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next