Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

OK, who shoots a Rage?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:07 am

I have always shot muzzy's but also almost always hunted out of a treestand. With the exit wound being lower and the arrow trajectory pointing down I always got a great blood trail. However, when I became unable to climb a tree and started hunting out of ground blinds I noticed that the muzzy shot deer were much more difficult to track due to the even and almost level entry and exit wounds. I had deer the were double lunged who didnt drop blood for almost 40 yards after being shot. The majority of the blood trails were from the blood spray from the deer's mouth. So I decided to switch to the rage. At this point I have yet to take an animal with them.

However, I do have some concern about shooting the Rage through the mesh window material on my ground blind? Does anyone have experience using the Rage in a ground blind and taking an animal this way? I still think Muzzy's work great but for tracking purposes the more blood the better in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

huntquest wrote:

That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
countryboy

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 pm

I think that I will still just stick with my muzzys!! They make a nice hole themselves. Nothin like that but it makes a decent blood trail!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stap3s

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm

i was on the edge of trying out the rages, but theres always that chance that they won't expand, plus my 100 grain muzzys' are working fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snivs

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

This past year was the first I used the 2 blade rage. I like the concept and I found them to tune easily. What I don't like is that the blades bend easy and I have only been able to get 1 kill per broad head unlike a fixed blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MJewell

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 pm

I started to use them last year in the spring result were good with me harvesting my largest bird to date with an Rage and my Drenalin. Then in the Fall I had mixed results when I made an bad shot on a nice deer an hit it far back an low, pretty good blood for the first 100 yards then nothing. Looked for Two days an seen the buck walking a round the mornig of the second. Then three weeks later harvested another buck with an Rage in low light conditions double lunged him an he piled up within 70 yards of the shot.

Matt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:01 pm

I have been shooting rage 2 blades for the past several years and have had none of the problems that we hear so much about. have shot deer from 8 yards out to 35 yards and have had complete pass throughs on all of them. the one problem I did have was with the blades opening up while in my quiver, but solved it by placing small dental rubber bands around the blades when they are closed, it doesnt bother the head opening at all, the rubber bands are thin enough as soon as the blades start to deploy that it cuts them cleanly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm

I use them and they are wicked. I never even had an inkling to use a mechanicle broadhead, always heard the bad and never much good. Well got a pack for free last year and decided why the heck not. Bought a second pack so i could fill my quiver, shot 2 does, entry was equally as amazing as exit wound. Both deer were "rage in the cage shots" and the deer were dead in 40 yds or less. The blood trail compares to say...letting a 5 yr old run through the woods with a open gallan of red paint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 pm

one of the does i shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, who shoots a Rage?   

Back to top Go down

OK, who shoots a Rage?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2