Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My IN trip

Go down 
+2
Dave
Darius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Well things didn't really go as expected. I was really hoping to see alot of bucks chasin and just a lot of deer period. Well wrong, I hunted probably the hardest I have ever hunted. I was in the woods almost from daylight to dark from Sat. to the next Sunday. I hunted alot with Joe and we just had a hard time connecting with anything. There was so much corn up and the weather did not help matters none. I saw alot of small bucks and had several opportunities to shoot some. I passed up on a 120" buck on public land. He just wasn't what I was looking for. Then Me and a buddy of mine hit the public land hard. We were miles from the truck and decided to sit and take a break, as we were sitting there talking, I heard the awfulest sounding racket. I turned around and had a shooter buck running at a dead run straight for us. I turned around and got ready. He came busting out into a clearing grunting like crazy. He turned and ran over a hill. I dug my grunt out and tossed it to my buddy and he let loose with the grunts and doe bleats. Believe it or not that dude came running right back over the hill and was headed right for a wide open shooting lane. I drawed back and put my 30 yard pin on him waitin for him to make his way to the lane and for some reason my buddy grunted at him and he stopped 3 steps short of an open lane. He would have pushed an easy 150" class. He knew something wasn't right and he was out of there after standing there for what seemed like forever. All in all I had a great time and hoping to head back for some late season hunting. I did put the hammer down on small doe. It was so windy in the stand that morning, I couldn't hear a thing. A lone doe was 30 yards from me before I even knew she was there. I got turned around and watched her for about 5 min while she was feeding around. she worked her way about 20 yards from me where I let the strikers take the job from there and man did it do the job. She didn' go probably forty yards before joe was pointing out blood all over trees. She had been running into trees before she piled up. I was pretty pumped about it. I had a great time hunting with Joe and another budddy of mine.
Joe has pics up for me in another topic
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks for the summary.... Too bad you could not connect on that big buck, but nice job on the doe!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Had a heck of a time. Deer movement wasn't what we expected but I still had a blast. We will connect during late season.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 am

I hear ya Darius,I was up there last week myself,The weather sucked.A couple of my buddies were able to lay a couple good ones down on the first morning when it was in the 30's but after that it was in the 70's the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 am

Sounds like a great hunt!
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Sounds like a fun hunt Darius! you plan on coming back up anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My IN trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My IN trip   My IN trip Empty

Back to top Go down

My IN trip
Page 1 of 1