Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video

Go down 
+11
MOOSE
Adam
Camoed Assassin
Brandon
volway
Dave
mathewsguy
Joe
Mark
The Guide
Jody
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Jody

Jody

Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Empty
PostSubject: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Well my season this far has been the most fun and productive I can ever remember. It also has been filled with some pain. Tonight I hit the woods for the first time seriously in about 10 days. I am hitting my farm I nailed my first doe this year but have never taken a buck for the 3 years I have hunted it. I have had quite an encounter every year with a shooter it seems but I have not closed the deal yet.
Tonight the corn was being picked as I arrived. Around 4:20pm I noticed a deer standing in the woods about 35 yards from me. I noticed his rack immediately and grabbed my bow before video taping. As he walked parallel to me he came within 30 yards and I was locked and loaded. At the last second I looked into the view finder to see the vitals covered where my arrow would hit -WHO CARES RIGHT THIS IS A BUCK OF MY LIFETIME SO FAR! This hesitation was enough to miss my opportunity on camera as I could not risk an unclear shot after this point. Hopefully I will encounter him again. The combines kicked him out of the corn and there is still corn standing so let's hope. The video is uploading now so it should be soon.Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Big11_11[/img]
Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Big11_13
Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Big11_14
Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Th_Big11-11-17-09
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Wow what an encounter!!! Hopefully you will get another chance at him but if not it looks like he is young and has a lot of potiential to become a monster. Good luck and keep us updated on what happens.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Great buck.....better luck next time out!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:03 am

Awesome buck! Hope you get him next time out.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 am

Great buck buddy I hope you get another look at him
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:31 pm

What a great buck! I hope you get a shot at him... I wish the combines would finish up around here, but we keep getting the rain. Two of my prime hunting locations still have full feilds of corn and it is killing my hunting. I can't wait until the corn is down!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 am

You will get another shot at him don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am

Dang Jody, best of luck gettem!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Nice buck hope you get another chance at him
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:10 pm

geesh!! what a dandy. Thats a tough one to swallow. I'm Rippin!!!
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Oh and Self filming really is tough for that reason right there. I did it alot this year and didn't feel very good about it. I had 2 encounters where I was trying to get the deer on film and when it was time to shoot had to guess where to put the camera. both bucks were not shooters but if they were I don't know..... It would have been really tough. Good luck with that big boy.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Looks like a stud! Good luck with him!!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 pm

What a nice buck
Back to top Go down
Mrs30pointbuck

Mrs30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Just getting started and i see one of those comming, i wouldnt't know what to do. affraid
Back to top Go down
jasonc

jasonc

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:59 am

cool pics
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Now thats a nice buck!! Gettin the pics and video of him makes it pretty cool. Never know what will happen when ya get in the woods and thats what is great!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video   Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video Empty

Back to top Go down

Had an encounter with a Big 11 tonight -pics and video
Page 1 of 1