Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Leaving Camera Out All Year?

Go down 
+3
Robert
Joe
Dave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Leaving Camera Out All Year? Empty
PostSubject: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 am

How many guys leave their trail cameras up year round and when do you take them down if you do for the winter?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 am

Mine are up until the antlers fall. Leaving them up till they shed their antles gives me the best information I need as far as when I need to be out their looking for sheds. They go back up when they start growing again.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm pretty much good to go on them till Jan. Then I pull them and put them back out around May
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:03 pm

We have taken ours down for now but will probablly be putting them back up to see thier late season pattern (which fields and where they are coming into them). We usually put them out in June and sometimes take them down for a little while in October until we put them up on some sign post rubs we have on TG's. Then back to the food sources for the late season until the end of January.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:34 am

Leave ours up until late Jan,Like to see what all made it through the year.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:39 am

Joe wrote:
Mine are up until the antlers fall. Leaving them up till they shed their antles gives me the best information I need as far as when I need to be out their looking for sheds. They go back up when they start growing again.

X2
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:24 am

We leave of ours up all year but take most down after bow season, early Feb. We like to see what made it through gun and muzzleloader season. After the rut we put them around our food, corn fields, Honey Hole plots and we even put shelled corn and apples out to try and get pics. Big bucks are more likely to hit a pile of corn than a feeder. If we have a buck tag still then we are looking for one to hunt and if our buck tag is gone then we are already scouting for next year. We like to know which bucks made it so we can get some fat on them so they are healthy all winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Camera Out All Year?   Leaving Camera Out All Year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving Camera Out All Year?
Page 1 of 1