Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Another MD buck (hopefully)

Go down 
+5
TheRomer
volway
Dave
Corey
The Guide
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Guide

The Guide

Another MD buck (hopefully) Empty
PostSubject: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, where do I start. I was self filming tonight and had some good luck to start off with when I smoked a doe on film at 340 and then at 430 I had a nice 10 come into about 100 yards and I missed again. At this point I am ready to wrap the gun around the corner of the blind but I kept it together and reloaded. The buck came back this time out at about 140 and this time I conected but the shot was back. As he ran away I could see blood on his side and he was hunched up and walking slow. I know he was not feeling good, I just hope that I atleast got liver but I know I was back in the guts. So I backed out got my doe and CA and I are heading back to look in the morning. The only down side is they are calling for rain. I will let you all know what happens tomorrow. So wish us luck becasue I think we are going to need it.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Good luck TG. Im sure we all know the feeling and I hope you find him first thing in the morning!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:14 am

Darn rain. I got up this morning a little before six and it was raining, go figure. It will make things a little more difficult but with any luck we will find him. CA, my Uncle Gary and I are heading out here in about a half an hour or so. I will let you all know what happens later on today.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 am

Good luck! I hope you have a good report here in a little bit. If you were closer I would make the trip over to help you look. Hope you find him!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Well we looked and looked and looked some more and NOTHING. We searched for about 3 hrs in the pouring down rain and the only thing we found was some hair where I shot him. I plan to look a some more when ever this rain stops witch won't be until tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 am

Good luck on finding him
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:50 am

Good luck man i hope you find him
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am

good luck I hope you find him
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Well I searched again this morning for another 3 hrs and nothing again. I seen just about every buck on out hit list but him. I think between Sunday and today I searched an area of about 500 - 600 acres or more, at one point I was over a mile from where I shot him. The only thing I can come up with is that he went across the road onto another piece of property. I know the guy who hunts it so I may say something to him about going over after the gun seasons and take a stroll around just to check. I hate when this happens, I hate it even more when it is a nice buck. I know it is a part of hunting and it is the only part of hunting that I can not stand. Hopefully some one will come across it and give me a call. Thanks for everyones support.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:08 am

Sorry to hear TG,hopefully he will show up somewhere
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Hate hearing that man... keep your head up.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Did you ever find him.?
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:47 pm

No never did find him. I have been looking for bussards for the past couple of weeks with no sign of them in one particular area. CA and I reviewed the footage over and over again. The only thing I know is that where we found hair in relation to where this one particular rock in the field. The shot looks way back. We only found white hair and no brown hair. On the footage we also did not hear the bullet thump like we have heard on the other deer we shot out of the same blind. So with any luck I only grazed him but I don't want to get my hopes up. At this point until I see him for sure I am saying he is gone. But I am keeping my fingers crossed. We only seen this deer two times during the season with only one trail camera pic and some preseason sightings. He is smart and could be hidding any where if he is still alive. Time will tell and hopefully we will get a trail camera pic of him. I doubt we will find his sheds if he is alive becasue there is to much ground to search that we don't have permisson to be on. But we will try!!!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Sound's like mabey you just grazed him.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Dude, just reading this story made me sick to my stomach. I am sorry you werent able to find your buck. But hats off to the effort you made in trying to find this animal. Even if you never find him or learn of his surival you have done all that you possibly could in honoring the harvest.

I have also had deer that were hit back or anywhere near the gut head for water. They actually submerged themselves in a nearby creek or pond. I was luck enough that these were shallow enough to be able to see body or antlers sticking up. I know fellas from Miss and they are always tracking poorly hit deer to water. (Not saying that you made a bad shot either, sometimes #%$ just hapens). If you get a dry time in the future check any creek beds close or ponds.

I'm sure there are a large number of folks on this forum who would track in the rain with you if they could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another MD buck (hopefully)   Another MD buck (hopefully) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another MD buck (hopefully)
Page 1 of 1