Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!

Go down 
+13
Mrs Volway
30pointbuck
oregonzach
Joe
Mark
volway
TheRomer
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
mathewsguy
Corey
Dave
PAkilla86
17 posters
AuthorMessage
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! Empty
PostSubject: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Well what can I say....its about dang time...lol. I have been after this buck for the last two years and I finally got him. I have 2 years worth of trail cam pics, shed from last year, velvet pics as well as a pile of other pics of him from this year, numerous sightings...and Nov. 6th I got to know him up close and personal.

First il start by saying that night was one of the best nights ive had on stand....EVER. Saw 23 deer; 17 does, 3 button bucks, and 3 rack bucks, plus a skunk, 20+ turkeys and a bobcat driving home...everything was deffinetly moving. So I get to my stand lil later than desired today, 2:45 due to getting off campus late, and had truelly thought of trying a different stand as it was later....phew glad I rethought that decision. So I no sooner get my pack hung and I hear stomp stomp snort...atleast 2 deer take off up over the hill, I thougth well there goes that. So an hour goes by with nothing...then at 4:15 the preverbial (sp?) flood gates opened. I saw deer coming from everywhere, seemed like everytime I turned around there were more deer, however nothing gave me a shot, I was in a fencline between a clover/corn field and other side was wheat, corn, and clover.

Well 5:30 rolls around and I figure time to head out, get 2 rungs down the later stand and here something heading down the hill towards the field behind me. I get back in the stand and get my bow ready, find out what trail its comin down take a few ranges and here he comes. I had no clue if he was a doe or buck, until he enters the edge of the field. I wait til he gets to the field edge and draw back, saw the horse sized body then the big rack and knew he was 1 of 2 deer that were deemed shooters and no longer looked at the rack. Tried to stop him 3 times and on the third time he stopped looked right at me and I let the pin settle....Thwack, Clang, Smack. Ater the shot I hit the rail of the tree stand with my bottom cam...oops. Cam has small ding looks ok but will call joel c monday and see what he thinks. Anyway I watch him take off across the field not running the greatest and when he gets to the other side is a lil wobily going into the wood line....im thinking BBD!

Well I gather myself and my things, crawl down after 20 minutes to see if I could see the first blood as I was unable to see where he was hit....to dark to follow the arrow but shot felt great except for the smacking on side of treestand...lol. Well blood was everywhere and good lung/heart looking blood at that. So I give him another 20+ min. and walk to the other side of the field as I saw where he entered get there and again blood everywhere with clots and puddles. I enter the woods and get about 40yds in and I jumped him, dont ask me how but he jumped...I immediately backed out and started questioning myself. I go get my ole ladys dad and head back out after about an hour...we pick up the trail again and he says he wont be far. After we get back to where I jumped him he made it another 40yds and was piled up....thank ya lord thank ya. Age on the buck is 4.5-5.5yrs old and we have several other up n comers runing around with similar looking racks who should make the list next year.

Sorry to my big buck team on here, I was dealing with some personal issues for a few weeks and wasnt able to make it on here much at all. Well I got dropped from my team so best of luck to ya boys, wish I coulda contributed.

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! 100_0736

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! IMGP0455

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! IMGP0456
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:26 pm

A Couple Velvet Pics This Year

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_0028-1

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_02552

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_0547

A Couple pre season Pics, last pic hes all the way in the back

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_0027

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_0029

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! CDY_0014

Last but not least pics from last year of him

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! DSC_0699

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! DSC_0703
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Great story and buck! Well done. Congrats on getting the one you were after!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Congrats man! Sounds like alot of hard work and determination finally paid off.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Great story congrats on a really nice buck
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Nice buck, congrats.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Congrats on a really nice buck.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

Great Buck,Congrats. its great to see you back on here
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 am

Congrats,The hard work paid off
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 am

Nice buck...congrats

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Congrats on the nice buck!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow, beautiful buck! A huge congrats, what a trophy!
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanx for all the kind words, I was and still am on cloud 9 everytime I see the pics or rack. I will be sure to post taxidermy picks sometime in January when I get him back.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Congrats bud nice picts. great job. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Congrats! And great story!

Isn't it nice when all your hard work finally pays off ... makes it even sweeter huh?
Back to top Go down
jasonc

jasonc

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

Congrats
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Nice deer man!!! Congrats on that brute. Where bouts here in Pa do ya live??? Live here myself of course.
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 am

I live in N. Central PA, Lock Haven
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Thank's for sharing. Great story, and picts. Congrat's on that nice buck.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 am

Congrats on a fine PA buck!
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice buck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!   My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

My 09 Archery Buck.....a true PA Monarch!!!!
Page 1 of 1