Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

arrow fletching supplies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

arrow fletching supplies Empty
PostSubject: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 pm

hey all, iam currently using a bitzenburger arrow fletcher, with steel force glue and glue fast dry spray. maybe its me but for each fletching i still have to allow at least 3-5 minutes to dry, when its supposed to be dry in seconds. im fairly new to fletching so i can use some guidance here. i would like to know what supplies; types and brands that i should pick up to have a complete set. i shoot carbon arrows with 4'' feathers. and is there a web site that i can get a kit from? as always any input and advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.
-mike-
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:06 pm

On the rare occasion I fletch my own arrows I use goat tuff glue a bohning gig. The glue dries pretty quick. I myself can't stand fletching my own arrows. Don't know why, just don't have the patience for it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I do my own fletching, i use a bitz. the adhesive i use is EASTON quick bond adhesive, it's almost an instant bond. I put the glue on the fletching, put the clamp on the arrow put a little force (not much) on the clamp,about 20 sec. or so then remove the clamp. It's done. Have never had a problem. If you need to, shoot me a PM. and i'll help you out. Be glad to. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Bitz....goat tough glue... one great combination.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Got that right.
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:58 pm

so you just glue the fletchimg to the shaft. you dont use any accelerators or other products?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:01 pm

botzitaliano wrote:
so you just glue the fletchimg to the shaft. you dont use any accelerators or other products?

I have never used any type of accelorator. Bohning also makes a really nice fast set glue.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Forgot to say that I almost always use wraps on my shafts to before I fletch them...
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:05 pm

ok so as long as i get a fast set glue i should be fine?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:16 pm

botzitaliano wrote:
ok so as long as i get a fast set glue i should be fine?

Yep...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Yep... X2
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:41 pm

I used to use wraps but in the past year only use blazers straight to the shaft. Treated me well.
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:56 pm

cool so wow i was really mis informed i was told to first use a scratch pad, then spray it with the accelerator and then glue it on. i think its going to be a faster process now lol. thanks guys for your help app. it
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:06 pm

My pleasure
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 am

I've never used an accelerator and had 0 problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arrow fletching supplies   arrow fletching supplies Empty

Back to top Go down

arrow fletching supplies
Page 1 of 1