Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Homemade Scent Killer Products

Go down 
+2
Camoed Assassin
OutdoorEaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

Homemade Scent Killer Products Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 pm

I have been reading a lot of articles and am giving this some serious thought about trying this for next year. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried making their own scent killer spray or soap?

I have heard some really bad things about some of these scent companies and what they are peddling. Some scent companies that sell both scent killer and urine and you never know what you are getting. Wish I could share more because it affects alot of products I am sure everyone uses but I promised not to.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Saw some articles about it also. Doesn't seem like there's much to them, nothing more than some stuff you can get from wallmart.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 am

Just seems like a lot of trouble, i'll stick with Dead Down Wind.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:50 am

Never heard any thing about that. Might have to look in to it.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:25 pm

30pointbuck wrote:

Thats just the problem though. How do you know what you are actually getting with Dead Down Wind? Or any other product for that matter?

There are a couple of companied who bottle urine for everyone else and the price differences can be astronomical. Sometimes these companies use the same lines for bottling their urine products as they do for their scent killer. With no regulation in the industry, not that I want it or am inviting it, its hard to tell what you are getting. With that said, if you could make your own scent killer and know exactly what was in it for pennies on the dollar why wouldnt you?

I have buddies who are buying a new bow every year and are always up on the newest and best products out there. Just because Tiffany Lehosky's picture is on the bottle of distilled water and baking soda doesnt make it worth $15. A little nicer to look at yes but still not any more effective.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Back in highschool I had a soccer coach that used to make his own. He used to take certs wintergreen and boil them in water. Im not sure what else he used to put in it but he swore by it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

OutdoorEaly wrote:
30pointbuck wrote:

Thats just the problem though. How do you know what you are actually getting with Dead Down Wind? Or any other product for that matter?

There are a couple of companied who bottle urine for everyone else and the price differences can be astronomical. Sometimes these companies use the same lines for bottling their urine products as they do for their scent killer. With no regulation in the industry, not that I want it or am inviting it, its hard to tell what you are getting. With that said, if you could make your own scent killer and know exactly what was in it for pennies on the dollar why wouldnt you?

I have buddies who are buying a new bow every year and are always up on the newest and best products out there. Just because Tiffany Lehosky's picture is on the bottle of distilled water and baking soda doesnt make it worth $15. A little nicer to look at yes but still not any more effective.

Honestly, i hardly ever use cover scents. I've had this same bottle for 2 seas. now and just can't bring myself to buy a new product every time one comes out reguardless who's on the cover. Really don't know if the stuff actually works or not. I've used it with the same results, as if i wasen't using it. So i really don't know for sure.
The less i go int the woods with the easier it is to drag myself back out. lol.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 pm

I hear you on that. My pack always gets lighter as the season goes on and eventually goes away all together.

Wish I could chase deer in a loin cloth with only a recurve in my hands. I am afraid some Amish dude might mistake me for a bear, or an elephant! LOL.

But with my back as bad as it is it looks as if my recurves and compound are never going to see any action unless I sell them. Shame. But at least we have what we have.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Here that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm

OutdoorEaly wrote:
I hear you on that. My pack always gets lighter as the season goes on and eventually goes away all together.

Wish I could chase deer in a loin cloth with only a recurve in my hands. I am afraid some Amish dude might mistake me for a bear, or an elephant! LOL.

But with my back as bad as it is it looks as if my recurves and compound are never going to see any action unless I sell them. Shame. But at least we have what we have.

Just getting into traditional archery myself.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Completely off topic but I found the more I shot traditional the more confident I was with my compound. I had just reached the skill level where I felt confident shooting out to about 25 yards with my recurve when everything went down hill. It is a great part of archery and I encourage everyone to try it at least once.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I would love to try it one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Scent Killer Products   Homemade Scent Killer Products Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade Scent Killer Products
Page 1 of 1