Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Memories...

Go down 
+4
Robert
TheRomer
oregonzach
Joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Memories...   Memories... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 pm

After Mark and I's trip to Kansas I have really been thinking about hunting trips with the ones we are close with. I usually don't share a lot of hunts with friends when it comes to deer hunting. Most of my shared hunts come during turkey season. I have shared hunts with family members, close friends, and my my girlfriend Autumn. I was actually lucky enough to have Autumn 3 foot from me when I fired off the shot that killed my first gobbler. My first bow kill on a gobbler took place in the same blind with my good buddy Mark. Zach and Robert both killed 2 birds each together. There just seems something special about the spring and hunting those pesky long beads with friends. Even though they are pesky, there just isn't anything better than hunting them with someone who you are close to. I plan on hunting a lot more this spring with those who I am close to.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 am

Joe, that is the truth. The memories you share with your family and friends are so much more special than the ones that you don't get to share. By the time I was old enough to hunt, my dad wasn't into hunting anymore. But when the weatherstarted to warm and trout season finally opened, we would leave before dawn and spend those special spring mornings together in the outdoors. I am so excited now to start sharing those memories with my own kids. And when I think of the best hunting or fishing trips I've had, they weren't the ones where Ishot the most game or caught the biggest fish. They were the ones where I spent those special times in the field with those closest to me.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:26 am

Great post Joe,

You both hit it right on the nose, couldnt have said it any better.

allthough I will be spending alot of my time with my oldest son trying to get him his first animal there is allways still plenty of room for my friends to come along and they always have room for me aswell, notheing better than shareing the moment with the ones you care for the most.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 6:47 am

I completely agree. Anytime outdoors with friends and family is a great time to me
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 am

I agree 100%. I have always been more of a loner when it came to hunting. I went with my dad several times when I was real little but the older I got the less he would go with me. Some of my greatest hunting memories was when I got him drug out in the woods with me and especially when he wouldn't believe me when I shot my first buck with a bow. He couldn't see it and I had to go get the arrow just to prove it. Right now I'm trying to get my wife into it. Used to be when I was younger I was always the one that wanted to shoot the deer and now I really love to see my close friends and family harvest one. Great Post Joe.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:46 pm

You guys are all "hitting the nail on the head"... could'nt agree more!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 am

WELL...I have many great memories of my hunts with family and friends......

Joe we had a great time on our KS hunt......WELL, so thanks for the memories (inside Joke) WELL

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Great post Joe. I am in the same boat with Joe on this one. I haven't got to share many hunts with friends or family, but the ones that I have are great. None of my good friends are serious hunters besides Joe and he has been nice enough to take me on hunts with him and those have been some of my favorite hunts that I've been on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Memories... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories...   Memories... Empty

Back to top Go down

Memories...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Other Critter Section :: Turkey Hunting-
Jump to: