Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Single pin vs Multi pin

Go down 
+18
Don Beaver
Tee
rednekboodaoutdoors
wacker
Niño
Snivs
Stap3s
Blazin
PAkilla86
mathewsguy
The Guide
Dave
Joe
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
Robert
Darius
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

Single pin vs Multi pin Empty
PostSubject: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I am really considering getting a single pin sight this year. I am mainly wanting to make the switch to have a wider field of view and just one pin to focus on. I would like to hear your opins, pros and cons on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

I've tried both and for Target shooting I'm sold on a single pin but for hunting I don't wanna mess around with setting the single pin when a nice buck is in range. I wanna range and draw. It's just one more thing on my plate when I'm trying to focus on the shot
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Robert wrote:
I've tried both and for Target shooting I'm sold on a single pin but for hunting I don't wanna mess around with setting the single pin when a nice buck is in range. I wanna range and draw. It's just one more thing on my plate when I'm trying to focus on the shot

Well put Robert. Same here. X2
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 pm

I've been shooting an HHA single pin for a few years now and absolutely love it. I bought it for turkey hunting and I thought I would have problems with it deer hunting, but I have had no problems adjusting it and shooting deer. Usually I will range different shot oppurtunities around my stand and set it at the average distance. With how fast bows are a few yards off doesn't matter when most of your shots are from 30 yards and less. I love having a clearer sight picture and if I don't tighten it down the sight moves easy, but wont move if not not intentionally moved.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 am

Ive never used a single pin sight before, so im no help
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:24 am

A lot of guys really like a single pin sight. I myself do not like them.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I've been shooting an HHA single pin for a few years now and absolutely love it. I bought it for turkey hunting and I thought I would have problems with it deer hunting, but I have had no problems adjusting it and shooting deer. Usually I will range different shot oppurtunities around my stand and set it at the average distance. With how fast bows are a few yards off doesn't matter when most of your shots are from 30 yards and less. I love having a clearer sight picture and if I don't tighten it down the sight moves easy, but wont move if not not intentionally moved.

Same here and well said... Less target blockage and like CA said most of the time you dont have to adjust the sight... Just set it for your average shot (I usually keep mine set at 20 yeards) and if you don't want to take the time to adjust or the deer walks farther away while you are drawn back, you can just hold the pin a smidge higher on the body to compensate...
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

I use the same sight as CA and love it as well. I think CA and Dave hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 pm

I like a multi pin sight.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Well I think I am going to try a single pin sight. Sounds pretty much about what i want. Mainly less target blockage and as long as you shoot and know your bow its not a big deal to compensate. Thanks fellas. Now as to how I know nothing about them... is the HHA the way to go for a single pin sight
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:54 pm

The following manufactures all make nice single pin sights that will serve you well for both hunting and 3D:

Spot Hogg
HHA
Vital Bow Gear
Black Gold

I've used both Vital Bow Gear ones and HHA ones before. All of them make good sights. I'd try a few out at a pro shop and see what you like best. PM me if you need any other info. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 pm

I switched to Single Pin last year and dont see myself going back anytime soon...its so much nicer to focus on 1 pin!
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:14 am

Another one pin shooter for hunting here.... I started with three years ago and found the stacked up bling of pins was seriously hampering my accuracy. I found the sweet spot with one pin set at 25yrds, and at 0-30 I can still shoot 2" groups consistently. I rarely ever have more than a 30yrd shot in any of my setups, so it works well for me. Heck...give it a try you might like it!! Cool

If I can only count the number of times I've heard " I shoulda used my 20yrd pin" lol!
Back to top Go down
Stap3s

Stap3s

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 pm

i first started out shooting a single pin that you couldn't adjust and i just had it sighted in at 20 yds, that was only for my first year of bowhunting. The following year i switched to a three pin sight.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
Robert wrote:

Well put Robert. Same here. X2

X3 Same here also
Back to top Go down
Niño

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm with Robert, 30pointbuck and snivs, but I am not against trying something new and going with works best for you. Good luck and don't be affraid to try something new.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:31 am

I first started with a 4 pin site. Gave a single pin a try almost 20 years ago. Hunted with it for 1 year and killed my first archery buck using it. I never did like it and have been using multi pins ever since.
Back to top Go down
rednekboodaoutdoors

rednekboodaoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:16 pm

I have been using HHA sights since the early 90's and have never looked back. What i like about the single pin hha is it makes me slow down, and check my yardages and forcus. And only having to focus on one pin when i exicute the shot is great for me. But every archer has preferences and what ever yours is stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Tee

Tee

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 am

Love the HHA 5519 single pin. I would much rather shoot single and have an open view of site rather than a cluttered site field. But like many have said its all about personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Don Beaver

Don Beaver

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:13 am

I've gone back and forth on this and it looks like I might be going back again. I'm going to give the single pin another run. It's so much nicer than gap shooting with multi-pins at odd yardages... Just range it, side it and aim... no holder over/under guesstimation invloved. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:29 am

Tee wrote:
Love the HHA 5519 single pin. I would much rather shoot single and have an open view of site rather than a cluttered site field. But like many have said its all about personal preference.

Well said.. My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:53 pm

95% of the time I know area I'm hunting & have my lanes picked & marked. I use a multi pin site & like having no moving parts to mess with.
Back to top Go down
jansman

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 pm

I used alot of single pin sights over the years, Cobra,GWS and HHA then I tried a 4 pin Apex and will never go back to 1 pin. Dead on out to 50 yrds and never have to worry about moving anything, but this just my preference.
Back to top Go down
dbowling

PostSubject: SINGLE PIN   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:13 am

I used a multi pin sight for 18-20 years but now that my eyes are getting older I have a hard time focusing on 1 single pin at longer yardages, they all blur together... all 7 of my bows have 1 pin sliders, HHA, COBRA and VITAL GEAR...just set it at 25-30 yds. and Im good to 33-35 yds depending on bow speed..also like the uncluttered sight pic.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I have always shot a 4 pin sight, I have a viper on my bow currently, but have been thinking about a single pin lately, out to 30 yards I am shooting 1 pin with my current set up anyways and think I would like the unclutterd view with just 1 pin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single pin vs Multi pin   Single pin vs Multi pin Empty

Back to top Go down

Single pin vs Multi pin
Page 1 of 1