Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Who introduced you to Bowhunting?

Go down 
+21
rednekboodaoutdoors
hammersdxt
rezeen6.5
cropdustersteve
NiƱo
Stap3s
MikealJ
Mrs Volway
BLS131
wacker
bowjunkie2010
oregonzach
Robert
Joe
Darius
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
30pointbuck
mathewsguy
Dave
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Who introduced you to Bowhunting? Empty
PostSubject: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Who got you hooked on the stick and string? A family member? A friend? Something you just picked up from watching it on TV or seeing someone else do it?

For me it was my Dad. He took me in the woods at a young age and got me hooked on shooting paper plates that I stuck on straw bales with little recurve bows. I will never forget when I got my first compound.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 pm

I was actually 12 when I first starting shooting bows one of my best friends got me started on it. He was a few years older and was hunting already and I got hooked on it the first time I went. Most people say I was spoiled from the start the first year I hunted the first day of season I got a 6 point 15 minutes after daylight. I still hunt with that same friend alot.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Hunting with friends is great. I've been blessed with some good ones over the years.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 pm

That is what makes it so special sharing it with your hunting buddys. I cant wait to get out of the stand at night and meet up with my buddys to see what they saw. Or getting that phone call that one of your buddys just shot one and going to help track and get it out of the woods. Those are memorys I will carry with me forever.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 pm

mathewsguy wrote:
That is what makes it so special sharing it with your hunting buddys. I cant wait to get out of the stand at night and meet up with my buddys to see what they saw. Or getting that phone call that one of your buddys just shot one and going to help track and get it out of the woods. Those are memorys I will carry with me forever.

Could not have said it better. Well put Chad.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Dave wrote:
mathewsguy wrote:

Could not have said it better. Well put Chad.

X2 well said.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:00 am

My father got me started
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:59 am

Actually, the cold weather here sitting in blind all day in 20 deg and lower weather got me started into archery, self learner.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:25 am

My uncle and cousins got me into hunting, but my cousin Wayne got me hooked on bowhunting when I was 15.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:23 pm

An old friend got me started but my uncle is the one who gave me the tips and pointers along the way.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:51 pm

The extra time in the woods and a better chance at killing deer introduced me to it. Dad was always a gun hunter and I just was always itching to get out there. Dad bought me my first bow for christmas when i was 12 and I shot my first deer with it the following year.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Darius wrote:
The extra time in the woods and a better chance at killing deer introduced me to it. Dad was always a gun hunter and I just was always itching to get out there. Dad bought me my first bow for christmas when i was 12 and I shot my first deer with it the following year.

Well said Darius... X2
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 am

It was kind of different for me. I started hunting when I was very young with my father. He passed away when I was in my late 20's and it was devastating to me. I couldn't bring myself to go back out and hunt without him so I was out of hunting for about 5 years. I had started a new job back at the end of 2002 and met a crazy dude named Zach Potter. Zach was a die hard hunter and got me to agree to go on a duck hunt with him. It had been a while and I had to even borrow a gun to do so but once I took that first shot it was all over. All the passion and love came right back to me. It was all over after that. I had a son that wasn't even a year old and I wanted him to understand that passion too. Within a year of that trip I was deer and Turkey hunting and going crazy inside trying to make up for lost time. I've not looked back since.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah, I guess I kind of self started. I bought a garage sale recurve when I was about 10 and spent the next several years launching cheap wooden arrows at squirrles and birds. I guess Fred Bear started me, I think I got an old copy of The Archers Bible when I was about 12. Then when I moved to Indiana I bought another garage sale bow-a compound this time-and started deer hunting. I learned a lot from Robert as we started hunting together and pieced a lot of info from experience, F&S, and other folks I met.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 pm

oregonzach wrote:
Yeah, I guess I kind of self started. I bought a garage sale recurve when I was about 10 and spent the next several years launching cheap wooden arrows at squirrles and birds. I guess Fred Bear started me, I think I got an old copy of The Archers Bible when I was about 12. Then when I moved to Indiana I bought another garage sale bow-a compound this time-and started deer hunting. I learned a lot from Robert as we started hunting together and pieced a lot of info from experience, F&S, and other folks I met.

Sounds like the student quickly became the teacher...
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Dave wrote:
oregonzach wrote:

Sounds like the student quickly became the teacher...

I may have had the upper edge on whitetail knowledge but to this day I still say that I don't know a better outdoorsman and woodsman than Zach. Give Zach a couple of sticks and a few leaves and he'll build a tent and a fire and then make dinner out of something you have no idea where he got it from.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Zach is the outdoor version of McGiver...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Close to the same way i started. I was a self lerner.
Back to top Go down
bowjunkie2010

bowjunkie2010

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Dad got me into hunting about 28 years ago, then a buddy named Joe started me into bow hunting and for the past 16 years the passion only gets stronger, great feeling and more challenging each season....
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 am

My stepfather and neighbors tinkered with bowhunting so that's what got me started. Got away from it a couple years when away at school but as soon as was done I was back into it. Pretty much learned on my own and from reading. looking back it would have been nice to have a mentor.
Back to top Go down
BLS131

BLS131

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Sad MY UNCLE FIRST INTRODUCED ME TO BOW HUNTINGBUT HE PASSED AWAY THE FIRST YEAR I STARTED TO BOW HUNT. IT JUST ISN T THE SAME WITHOUT HIM ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR WHEN I SHOT MY FIRST DEER. I REALLY WISH HE WAS THERE TO CELEBRATE WITH ME BUT I KNOW HE WAS WATCHING AND HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 pm

BLS131 wrote:
Sad MY UNCLE FIRST INTRODUCED ME TO BOW HUNTINGBUT HE PASSED AWAY THE FIRST YEAR I STARTED TO BOW HUNT. IT JUST ISN T THE SAME WITHOUT HIM ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR WHEN I SHOT MY FIRST DEER. I REALLY WISH HE WAS THERE TO CELEBRATE WITH ME BUT I KNOW HE WAS WATCHING AND HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD. Smile

I am sure he would have... Sorry to hear about your loss.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Volway got me started. I was always scared to try because I didn't want to do bad at it, but it's fun! I enjoy it (when I'm not too frustrated!) and it's fun to do something with him!
Back to top Go down
MikealJ

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Volway help me to get back to bowhunting

I used to bowhunt in high school but quit hunting after going into the service back in 1966 and man has things changed
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

MikealJ wrote:
Volway help me to get back to bowhunting

I used to bowhunt in high school but quit hunting after going into the service back in 1966 and man has things changed

I hear you... I was shocked how much things changed from when I went away to college and took those years of bowhunting off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who introduced you to Bowhunting?   Who introduced you to Bowhunting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who introduced you to Bowhunting?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next