Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

BROADHEADS

Go down 
+19
talon1961
SCFox
Rev. Juan
Camel
volway
Snivs
PAkilla86
OutdoorEaly
wacker
bowjunkie2010
MOOSE
TheRomer
BLS131
Darius
mathewsguy
Joe
Dave
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Snivs

Snivs

BROADHEADS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 pm

2 blade Rage. First mechanical broadhead used since I lost a deer about 7 years ago. I can't remember the brand but they had a rubberband that held the blades closed. Arrow was a pass through and immediatly found blood. Found the arrow covered but the rubberband was still on. The blood trail stopped. It must have pierced the deer like a field point. I then shot 75gr and 100gr 3 blade wasp until I decided on the 2 blade rage. After CA showed me what it did it was proof enough for me to try.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Shot 100gr Muzzy for years and loved them, but the last 3yrs been shooting 2 blade Rage hard to beat those suckers,and what a freaking blood trail!!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

I've seen what the 2 blade Rage do to deer, can't wait to see what they do to a turkey.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I've seen what the 2 blade Rage do to deer, can't wait to see what they do to a turkey.
X2
Back to top Go down
Camel

Camel

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 pm

I used the100gr 3 blade rage on my bear last season and deer year before, both were pass throughs.Will definatley use them again.Going to use Wasp Boss Bullet SST 100gr 3 blade fixed this year though.

Last edited by Camel on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm

100gr Grizz Tricks & Standards
Back to top Go down
SCFox

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Bounced between Rage 2 blade and Muzzy 4 blade fixed blades. I'm thinking about giving Magnus a try this fall, though.

SCFox
Back to top Go down
talon1961

talon1961

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm

I think I've about used them all. I am currently using Thunderhead 100's, Grim Reaper Razor Tip 100's, and Slick Tricks. The Thunderheads have never let me down so I really have no reason to change. The Grim Reapers did a great job on a doe and hog this year. I took a nice buck with the Thunderhead, heart/double lung and really short tracking job.
Back to top Go down
BOHO

BOHO

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 am

100 grain grim reapers and spitfires
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 am

I am currently waffling between Slick Tricks and Magnus Stingers... can't make up my mind.

Think I may just flip a coin. lol
Back to top Go down
Don Beaver

Don Beaver

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:51 pm

I've used a lot of different broadheads and will probably continue to do so. I'm looking for the perfect head, yet I know it doesn't exist. It sometimes feels like I'm looking for a mythical creature, like a unicorn.

I've had good luck with several mechanicals... NAP Shockwave, Grim Reaper, Carbon Express F-15, Trophy Ridge Meet Seeker and even Vortex, to name a few.

I've also taken animals with fixed heads, mostly Muzzys and have mixed feelings towards them. If you take the time to set them up right, tune well and check them frequently they work well. I've made the mistake of not checking them well enough throughout the season and gotten erratic flight after awhile. I've found that my Muzzys would not spin well after they'd been shot a bit and that turned me off.

I've said that I'm going to commit to shooting a more durable fixed head every year for the past few seasons, but never do it. When push comes to shove, I've stuck with mechanicals, since I've never lost an animal with them... <knock on wood>
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

I also enjoy experimenting with many different b-heads. I've used dozens of different b-heads for deer over the years and will continue to do so.

That being said, I've shot several whitetails with the 2 blade Rages in the last couple seasons. The b-heads that have impressed the MOST in the last few seasons have been the Slick Tricks! They are built extremely well, as tough as you'd expect for a STEEL ferrule and the blades come scary sharp.... not a common trend these days.

This season I plan on trying the RazorTrick 100 and the new G5 T3, they both look like awesome designs!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:17 am

I'll either be shooting the Montec CS or T3 broadheads this year!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:37 pm

I've thought of trying the G5 Montec.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:22 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
I've thought of trying the G5 Montec.

In my opinion they are the best flying fixed blade broadhead I ever used. But then again I'm a mechanical broadhead guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BROADHEADS   BROADHEADS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BROADHEADS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2