Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

Need some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:07 pm

So I'm just about all set up with my omega all my xtras came in, but the one thing I can't seem to find is the perfect attachments for the ram rod. I'm looking for one that can stay in it's place ready to be used for a second shot. Buddy of mine told me cva makes a nice quick adapter but I can't seem to come across it. If any of y'all can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it thanks. - mike -
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Mabey try cabela's or local gun shop. Here is a number to Thompson/Center Arms co. 1-603-332-2333 Hope this help's.

Last edited by 30pointbuck on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I did I've look all over and came up empty.Maybe I'm over looking it. Hopefully one of you guys know what I'm talking about. You guys always point me in the right direction so I have faith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I have the phone number to CVA as well when i find it i'll shoot ya a PM. wiyh it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Let me know what you find cause I would like one to. I have an extension on my ramrod but I dont leave it in the gun while shooting. Would love to find something like they have now, that t handle thing like on the pro hunter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:35 pm

I just use a ball starter. I'm not sure I've seen what you are looking for but I hope you find it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Are you talking about the T handle that folds out of the ramrod so you dont have to screw in a T to push a second sabot down the barrel or are you talking about some typ of jag extender tip that stays screwed in to the bottom end of the ramrod?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:00 pm

If I could have both of those things that would be ideal. I don't know if that is possible for my gun but I would like my jag and handle on the rod ready to be taken out the gun and reload as fast as possible. I'm pretty new to muzzleloading, just curious as to what some of you do with your rod while hunting; do you keep it all ready to go off to the side, or in it's normal place and just screw on attachments as need be. I could very well be asking for something that doesn't exist but it sure would make reloading easier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm

They sell a pocket loader you keep the pre measured powder or pellet's in it an xtra cap and its water tight. and ready for that other load if needed. it also has a little ball or bullet starter made right on to it. and you keep it in your pocket. I have one i'll try and find it and get a pict of it. I forgot what there called but their handy. Not bulky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I know T/C sells the ramrods with the built in filp out T handle... This will save you a lot of time. I just keep the jag handy and screw it in when needed. I always just keep the ramrod in its normal spot when hunting.

All in all, with a well placed shot, you won't need to worry about reloading. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botzitaliano

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Ok well I guess it sounds like the t handle by tc is my best bet. Thanks for all your help guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 pm

My Pleasure. Wish i could have been more help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

I'd go with the T handle like Dave said. I have the jag extension and when I get settled in I take my ram rod out and set it in my backpack so it's close by. One day I will quit being so lazy and order one of the flip out T handle ram rods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help   

Back to top Go down

Need some help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Rifles, Muzzleloaders, and shotguns-
Jump to: