Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.

Go down 
+2
bowGal
Joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. Empty
PostSubject: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Ok I wanna hear from all you mushroom hunters. Whats some of your secrets or tactics to find those nice morels. I went out 2 days ago and found squat. I think this cold spell has them hiding! But when it warms up I wanna go out and have some success. So lets hear it...look in cow pastures? Rail road tracks? I usually stick to rotting logs or under some trees...
Back to top Go down
bowGal

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Really no special tatic's. Just Alot of walking,
Always have great luck in area's of down elm trees, sunny hillsides,
Sure hope we get some warm temps this next week,
Looking very forward to fresh turkey breast and fried mushrooms-!!!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I seemed to find them in all kinds of different places. to me i just start looking I just kinda section off the areas and look and move to the next that way i wont keep looking in the same spots all the time.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 pm

I usually just kinda walk and keep and eye out real good and usually when you stumble on one there are plenty around. I too have good luck with sunny hillsides. Most veteran mushroom hunters will swear by it that they grow under certain trees. Dead Elms, Ash, Apple trees Tulip Poplar and Eastern White Pine are some that told to me. Different colors pop up under different trees.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:03 am

I ran into a few mushroomers when I was scouting for turkeys on public land last weekend. They had no luck at all either. I think I've mushroom hunted like 3 times in my life and found 1 haha. This time of year if I'm usually pretty zoned in on gobblers and bass.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah that public land you were scouting Moose is swarming with mushroom hunters this time of year.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm

I seem to find a lot of mine along small creeks(down in hollers) that have dead elms around...Also find them in pine forest,were the pines meets hardwoods...Also look on hillsides that get the must sun,and along fence lines...Just find them before the other people do...I'm going to try my luck in the morning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.   Ok....lets hear some of the secrets. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok....lets hear some of the secrets.
Page 1 of 1