Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

GOING GOLFING

Go down 
+5
Robert
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
30pointbuck
9 posters
AuthorMessage
30pointbuck

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Well im going to break the ice here. I've decieded to give golf a try. Never in my 48 years have i ever picked up a golf club. Any other golfer's here, that mite give a rookie some pointer's once in awhile?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Im deff not a pro more like less than a amature but i do golf, you will love it. only advice i can give ya is keep your eye on the ball when swinging. you will look like a fool lol but thats part of it. you will wish you started doing it before now its a blast.

Have Fun
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 pm

DON'T TAKE IT TO SERIOUSLY.If you try to hard at first it's going to suck. Just go out and try to have some fun. It can be hard to get your swing consistent at first. I go a few times a year and if I try to hard it gets frustrating.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 pm

My brother and i did a little chipping with the PW. in my field this eve. WOW. You want the ball to go one way and it goes the other. The pro's make it look easy. My brother is pretty good. But he's been golfing for a few years.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Use to but gave it up. I did not have the time to go. Take CAs advice.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm

When I was younger I played 3 or 4 times a week and got pretty good over time. I have a bad back though and just can't do it anymore. Plus I'd rather spend the money on hunting and fishing
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Well I played sports my whole life and baseball in college and always thought it was the stupidest thing on earth UNTIL 18 or 20yrs ago I went and tried it on a Sun, guess what went the following Wed and bought a set of clubs, it may be the most challenging thing you will ever do and so addictive. You will be soo mad one min then you hit that shot that brings you back to the course. Like most have said "have fun" don't think it's in between you and who ever your playing with, it's you against that little white ball. I'm kinda anxious to see howmy shoulder rebuild is gonna effect my swing, may be a set of left handed TaylorMades for sale.LOL have fun
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:09 pm

I started to get frustrated a little yesterday just chipping in my field but i quickly got over it just have fun. I'll have to keep telling myself that.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 am

Make sure you stretch. The first couple of times I played I could feel it in those muscles we all think we don't have. The muscles in your back and arms get the most abuse. But like everyone else said just have fun and you will enjoy.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

Have fun Dale...Heck,I stink at put put LOL
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am

Snivs wrote:
Make sure you stretch. The first couple of times I played I could feel it in those muscles we all think we don't have. The muscles in your back and arms get the most abuse. But like everyone else said just have fun and you will enjoy.

I here that, my back is already sore after a week of just swinging and chipping.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 pm

I go a couple times a summer with outings for work. I was in a league a couple years ago. I just choose not to go as much since it can get very expensive. I choose to spend my time and money shooing 3D instead over the summer. Golf when you think about it is a lot like 3D shooting. You have to be good at knowing distances and you try to better your score each time out in both of them. Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Well to update you all. I went out this evening, and man im sore, Imust have swung atleast 10 times at one ball before i finally hit it. ( Embarassed) Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOING GOLFING Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOING GOLFING   GOING GOLFING Empty

Back to top Go down

GOING GOLFING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: