Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Need some help

Go down 
+4
Dave
mathewsguy
30pointbuck
Camoed Assassin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:21 pm

We are going to put together a flyer to give to landowners that we are asking for hunting permission. On it we are going to give a short bio of ourselves and the groups and associations we are involved with. We are also going to put a list of the benifits of having hunters on your land. Like having hunters on your land will help damage to expensive landscaping and crops, the increased prescense of people on your land will deter tresspassers, we will help with odd/small jobs. Any suggestions on what else we could add? We want to approach the landowners with more than just us asking for permission. I want to look professional and maybe catch a few off gaurd by not acting like what some people think is the stereotypical redneck hunter. Here in Maryland and ALOT of people are not exposed to hunting therefore have a preconcieved idea that all hunters a rednecks that shoot everything, tear up your land. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Just an idea, but mabey a subscription to a hunting magazine or guns and amo etc.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I think you guys are on the right path with it. I would stress the fact that you will respect there property like its your own. I think what your doing is a great way of getting permission to hunt land.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm

I use something like this. I got it off a another site a few years back. You're welcome to use anything you want from it...

Dave Chamberlain
Main Street
Anytown, USA
765-661-XXXX

Vehicle: Red Chevy Colorado Regular Cab Truck
or Gray Chevy 1500 Regular Cab Truck

Number in Party: I usually hunt with one other person, John Doe or Joe Smith. On occasion I will hunt with both people I listed. No one else will be brought on the land.

I have hunted safely for over 15 years. I abide by all fish and game laws as well as conditions set forth by the landowner. I have the highest respect for landowner’s rights…. I will not drive off an established road and I will leave all gates as I found them. I will be aware of what is in the background when I shoot, and I will not shoot in the direction of any livestock. I will hunt out of a portable climbing tree stand that I will carry in and out with me each time I hunt, as will anyone who might be hunting with me. These will not damage or have any permanent effect on the tree. I put safety first and foremost at all times. I will either drag a game animal to the nearest road or to my vehicle. At no time will I drive on a farm road when it is muddy.

I will be happy to harvest antlerless deer if you wish providing that I have unused tags, as will anyone I hunt with. If you do not want antlerless animals taken, please call me or let me know. All game taken will be processed and utilized by me and my family and friends.

________________________________, the landowner, is not liable for any personal injury or personally property damage incurred by myself or anyone with me in the remote possibility that something should occur regardless of the circumstances.

I appreciate the privilege of hunting on your property and fully understand that it is a privilege and not a right. Thank you very much.

Dave Chamberlain
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Sweet thanks Dave I can deffinitely use some of that.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Yeah sweet thanks Dave.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Sweet thanks Dave I can deffinitely use some of that.

No problem at all. Hopefully it will come in handy for some of the other members on here as well. That is what this site is all about...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:38 pm

The Guide wrote:
Yeah sweet thanks Dave.

Where's your list. And don't give me a list with all the examples I already gave. scratch
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
The Guide wrote:
Yeah sweet thanks Dave.

Where's your list. And don't give me a list with all the examples I already gave. scratch

Whatever I gave you the list of things that I thought of. I don't know what more you want to tell people. You can say that you walk on water if it makes you feel good about yourself. I bet that will get some laughs out of people when they read that.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm

I cant think of anything else right off hand, but keep us updated on how it goes
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm

always include a waver and offer to share what you take. If they do understand hunting then share your management ideas with them. Let them know you aren't out there letting every doe walk so you can shoot a buck and then leave for the year
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 pm

That's great Dave, Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 pm

The Guide wrote:
Camoed Assassin wrote:
The Guide wrote:
Yeah sweet thanks Dave.

Whatever I gave you the list of things that I thought of. I don't know what more you want to tell people. You can say that you walk on water if it makes you feel good about yourself. I bet that will get some laughs out of people when they read that.

He took my ideas too. We need to let CA come up with his own.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Snivels what are you doing on here. You are suposed to be working on that flyer.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Snivels what are you doing on here. You are suposed to be working on that flyer.

See what I mean. He has everyone else do things for him and he takes the credit. Everyone watch him.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Snivs wrote:
Camoed Assassin wrote:

See what I mean. He has everyone else do things for him and he takes the credit. Everyone watch him.

FIRED!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Well we got the flyer done that we are going to give to landowners when we ask them for permission to hunt thier land. I think it came out really good. Shoot we got it all done up and we had Staples print them up all in one day. It's a little long, 4 pages, so I don't think I will post it. If someone would like to see it so they can do something up similar just let me know, I can email it to you.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Glad you got it done.... Good luck when you hand it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help   Need some help Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: