Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

When???

Go down 
+6
Camoed Assassin
bow_dad
30pointbuck
Snivs
mathewsguy
botzitaliano
10 posters
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

When??? Empty
PostSubject: When???   When??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Hey all just got my first trail camera, I wound up getting the moultrie i50. I never had one of these things before, so I'm kinda curious as to when is the right time to set it up, take it down, and check the pictures. I'm very excited to see what kind of potential and selection I could have for next season. Just hopefully it don't make me to picky. Look forward to hearing from y'all. - mike-
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Its really up to you on when you put it up and everything. If you have a spot where deer are at now you can put it up just to see how it works. They are alot of funn and very helpful when trying to figure where you want to hunt.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Good luck with your new camera. I would suggest putting it up now also so you can get familiar with it. If you set it up in a hot spot you may need to check it more regular to ensure your card don't get full and miss that big one passing by. Looking forward to see what you capture.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Congrat's on the new trail cam. And i agree, set it up now and start getting familiar with the function's and feature's of it to get the most out of it. Good luck. and post some pict's of what ya catch on it.
Back to top Go down
bow_dad

bow_dad

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 am

Anytime is a good time for trail cams, get ready to buy a few more once you get going.....very addicting, and very fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

The moultries are nice and pretty easy to set up. We put ours out when the bucks start showing some good growth usually in june and move them around all season and a little after the season till the antlers fall off. The camera will soon be your number one scouting tool. With a SD card you can let it out for a few weeks without it filling up. We let ours go atleast 2 weeks and it will have several hundred pics on it. The best advice I can give you is to not check it to often and do it during the times that you will not bump any deer getting to the camera. When we first started using them we checked ours way to often and burnt out a few spots before the season. Have fun with it and like bow dad you will be getting more.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
The moultries are nice and pretty easy to set up. We put ours out when the bucks start showing some good growth usually in june and move them around all season and a little after the season till the antlers fall off. The camera will soon be your number one scouting tool. With a SD card you can let it out for a few weeks without it filling up. We let ours go atleast 2 weeks and it will have several hundred pics on it. The best advice I can give you is to not check it to often and do it during the times that you will not bump any deer getting to the camera. When we first started using them we checked ours way to often and burnt out a few spots before the season. Have fun with it and like bow dad you will be getting more.

He pretty much hit the nail on the head...
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

Good luck and have fun.....great choice in going with Moultrie

I put mine up in late May over minerials....check them every 2 weeks or so

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah CA is right. If I was you put it out now like some other guys had said just to get use to it. Like CA said don't check it to often when you have it in a good spot later in the year. Oh yeah congrats on the new camera.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Moultrie was a VERY good choice,we still have one out as of now and it's been out since last Aug,changed batteries 1 time and every time we check it (about every 2 weeks) it will have anywhere from 600 to 800 pics (course not all deer) battery life on Moultrie is great.

When to put out? we put ours out in Aug so we can see the progress of antler growth through the months,nothing like some good "velvet" pics.
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks guys for all the input cant wait go see everything that's out there. Looks like I'll be setting it up this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When???   When??? Empty

Back to top Go down

When???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: