Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Best ATV?

Go down 
+9
Dave
mathewsguy
Niño
30pointbuck
Robert
Blazin
Camoed Assassin
Mark
LawCoBowhunter
13 posters
AuthorMessage
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Just trying to get some opinions on some atv's.I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger one one.I have it down to a grizzly 700 and a brute force,some of the smaller honda's (500)don't seem too bad..Anyone have power steering on one?and is it worth the extra money?I'm hoping to get into foodplots soon.Gonna make a trip down to Washington,IN to look at some.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:38 pm

I love my Polaris 700.....its a great machine

just add gas and change the oil

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I dont own one but I have been on several Polaris's and they are the real deal. Very powerful.
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Yamaha rules, My '00 400 kodiak has been bulletproof. Them polaris' like belts, electrical problems, and over heatin from what I've seen. That's just an opinion though lol!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Mark wrote:

I've been riding Marks Polaris for several years now and it's a work horse. There are times when we've had a 200 pound deer, him, myself, and our gear on it and it still goes through anything. I've not heard Mark say a word about having to have it worked on either.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I dont own one but I have been on several Polaris's and they are the real deal. Very powerful.

Yep right there
Back to top Go down
Niño

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 pm

My family has allways had Hondas and haven't had any problems. I think that the Polaris has more ground clearance which could be handy. Good luck there are alot of choices these days.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Robert wrote:
Mark wrote:

I've been riding Marks Polaris for several years now and it's a work horse. There are times when we've had a 200 pound deer, him, myself, and our gear on it and it still goes through anything. I've not heard Mark say a word about having to have it worked on either.
I have a few buddys that have these and they are great machines. This is the one I use to plow my driveway with in the winter works great
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Not much help here... I hope to own one sometime in the future but it is a no go right now, so I never really researched them.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 pm

You all would laugh at my ole antique,1989 Honda Fourtrax 300 but it still looks new,best 4wheeler I have ever owned,gets through the woods easy,Now I have a few buddies that have Polaris and they say it is very exspensive to have them worked on,don't know just what they told me.Good luck finding one Darin you will really appreciate it when you get.

We have been looking to get a electric golf cart and fix it up like a badboy ourselves you can do that for about $3500 or less just depends on how extreme you want to go. Been looking at doing this cause the deer have figured out what the 4wheeler sound means.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:39 am

I looked at some new polaris's.There was a couple things I didn't like.one was the racks on the new ones looked weak,and the gear shifter.They are still a nice machine.I'm just getting too old to be dragging deer out of the hollers anymore plus my back isn't what it used to be.I would also like to get a snow plow for it,could have used one this year a few times.Looking forward to getting together with some friends and doing some riding.I hear red bird and the bad lands is a great place to go riding.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:09 am

Polaris 700. Bought new in 05 and have had no problems. Like Mark wrote just add gas and change oil. Good luck with your purchase.
Back to top Go down
momo

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:23 pm

I have a 01 polaris 500 ho all i have don to it is put gas in and changed oil
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 am

I've had my Kodiak 400 for 15 years now. I've beat that thing like crazy plowing snow and running the mountains. Besides maintainance parts, put a universal and a rear hub on it and that's bout it. As for being the BEST.......don't know about that.

I've had to fix some electrical issues on them Polaris rides. They daisy chain the ground all over them things. I remember the one time the ground for the headlight broke and it wouldn't go into 4wd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best ATV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best ATV?   Best ATV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best ATV?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Around the Campfire-
Jump to: