Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Informative books or articles you have read?

Go down 
+3
Green Valley Gobbler
Joe
Corey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

Informative books or articles you have read? Empty
PostSubject: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 pm

I know that there are alot of guys and gals out there that like to read and learn about ways to improve their woodsmanship or hunting knowledge. I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic about books or articles that you have read that you feel helped you become a better hunter. Maybe post the book and what you felt you learned from it so we can discuss it and possibly all learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Haven't had the chance to read as much as I want due to school but have started Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon. It was given to me by our own Management member Mike. From what I have read so far it is fantastic. I have always wanted to become better at being able to read topo's and looks like this is the book to gain some valuable knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Green Valley Gobbler

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I've done quite a bit of reading and own quite a few books on whitetail hunting. Probably the best one I've read is from Gene Wensel entitled "Hunting Rutting Whitetails". I believe it is out of print and can be found every once in a while on ebay but you'll have to spend quite a bit on it. His latest book "Come November" is good too, which I think is still in print, but his first book in my opinion is his best. In my opinion it is one of the best you will ever read and very informative. Drury's book is very good too along with some of Greg Miller's. Greg's last book "Bowhunting Forests and Deep Woods" is a good read too.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm

"Life at Full Draw" by Chuck Adams is a great read. Really inspirational for bow hunters and he has some great stories. I read a lot of magazines. One I particularly like is the Indiana Game and Fish. I think every state has their own. I like it because it specific to your area so you can always relate. Field and Stream has some decent stuff a lot but it's getting filled with more and more advertisements.
Back to top Go down
bowGal

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Here's a great read by Ed Spinazzola
Ultimate Deer Food Plots-
published by the Mid- Michigan Branch of QDMA
Back to top Go down
silbowhunter

silbowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Here is a good read.

"Hunting Trophy Whitetails in the Real World"

http://www.higginsoutdoors.com/html/thebook.html
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe it will give someone looking for a good read an idea of where to look. Keep em coming if you have info on a good one.

Personally i cant read but maybe it will help someone else out! Laughing study
Back to top Go down
Green Valley Gobbler

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Hey Corey,
I may be able to help you out buddy! I have some Hooked on Phonics that I could let you borrow. I'll let you know when I'm finished with it, really seems to be working for me. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:08 am

I have read John Eberharts, "Hunting Pressured Whitetails" which is very familiar to my style of hunting in a high pressured state. This is mostly geared toward states such as Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. But it has some serious information in it to help any hunter whether they be from the Midwest, West, South, or East.

Brad Herndon's," Mapping Trophy Whitetails" I agree is a must read and will help any hunter learn how to read the terrain of their hunting land and how the deer use it. Cory, I may need to borrow the "Hooked on Phonics" with the way this season is starting out. Might have to learn how to read and write again!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 4:42 pm

hahahaha Just let me know when you get done with it Cory and I will get started on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Informative books or articles you have read?   Informative books or articles you have read? Empty

Back to top Go down

Informative books or articles you have read?
Page 1 of 1