Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Swing and a Miss

Go down 
+5
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
Robert
30pointbuck
volway
9 posters
AuthorMessage
volway

volway

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

Well opening morning of Tn youth season and Zach (insaneangler) had a swing and a miss on a good bird,we had tons them come in probally 7 or 8 good toms and don't know how many hens. We always sit on this ridge cause they cross over it daily when they come off roost making their way to a field,got it on video will see what I can do with it. Gonna go back in a little bit cause they cross back over going back to roost. See Don I was trying to get your team on the board first. LOL
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow, That's too bad buddy, Better luck next time out. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Good luck this afternoon
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Thats cool, better luck to zach this eve. hope he gets a good one
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Come on Steve, you couldn't get the birds in close enough and couldn't get them to stand still. I thought you were the turkey whisperer.
Back to top Go down
insaneangler

insaneangler

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:54 pm

You are exactly right don missed another one a min ago but I was shakin like crazy and Steve couldn't get him to be still long enough
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Well Don we did have good day,I got 2 GOOD misses on video (HEHE) couldn't get them much closer they would have been in the blind with us,na they were at 25yds.He was shakin pretty bad on the second bird.
Back to top Go down
insaneangler

insaneangler

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Ya huntin with Steve with him in your ear I don't know how anybody couldn't shake I'm still shakin a little bit
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Good luck Zach... Just take a deep breath and relax and slowly squeeze that trigger when you get another chance. Just block everything else out and focus on making a good shot!
Back to top Go down
insaneangler

insaneangler

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:53 pm

thanks dave never thought of takin a deep breath and being in my own world thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:51 am

insaneangler wrote:
thanks dave never thought of takin a deep breath and being in my own world thanks for the advice

Glad to help!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:57 am

sounds like you both had a great time better luck on getting one the next time out.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 am

Don't worry to much about it Zach. We've all missed birds. I missed a dumb bird that hung around for three shots on me one year. Plus I still get the shakes on every turkey and deer I shoot and I've been doing it almost 30 years. If that feeling goes away then just hang it up cause that's what the passion is all about. I think most everyone on here will tell you they get excited and shaky before they shoot.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Robert wrote:
Don't worry to much about it Zach. We've all missed birds. I missed a dumb bird that hung around for three shots on me one year. Plus I still get the shakes on every turkey and deer I shoot and I've been doing it almost 30 years. If that feeling goes away then just hang it up cause that's what the passion is all about. I think most everyone on here will tell you they get excited and shaky before they shoot.

That is well said.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Yeah just like Robert said. Hang in there you will get another chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swing and a Miss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing and a Miss   Swing and a Miss Empty

Back to top Go down

Swing and a Miss
Page 1 of 1