Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Share | 

How many 3D Shooters do we have?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave

PostSubject: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Wondered how many of you will be shooting 3D this summer? I am looking forward to hitting the courses this summer with my Mathews Z7. I've been shooting for about 4 years now and I love it. It deffinately will make you a better hunter, by helping you judge yardage, improve your shooting form, helping you pick a good aiming point, stc.

I shoot in the MBO division. It is a lot of fun and I hope to see some of you around this summer! Let me know if you have any questions about 3D and I will do my best to answer them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 pm

I shot a couple times last year, would love to get out alot more this summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 pm

I hit the 3D courses when i can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 pm

My wife and I will be hitting the circuit this summer. for me it's a chance to stay sharp and for my wife, well she has a State title to defend and some new ones to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Guide

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 pm

I have not been in a couple of years. Always seem to be to busy but when I did go I loved it. I am going to try to get out some this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:57 pm

I haven't been in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 pm

I try to when I can,just not very many down this way anymore.I usually set up my own targets and shoot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camel

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

we shoot here every second weekend from end of April until Sept.same group of fellas most shoots.Like to go to a couple different shoots here on the off weekends.Definatly makes you better prepared come hunting season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cajun83

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Have yet to shoot a tournament format 3-D course but there is a wildlife education center about an hour and a half from my house that has a full 3D and Field target course. Went a couple weeks back and walked through the 3D course with a buddy of mine and we had a blast.

Am planning on going back there this coming friday if it doesn't rain. It helps that there are a couple of fishing ponds to keep the girlfriend busy while I'm out flinging arrows. Smile

If you have never shot 3D or a live animal... it will make you open your eyes for sure. It proves that animals... even foam ones, at unknown distances are harder to hit than bag targets... lol

Three inches off on a normal target is just outside the ring and a fairly good shot. Three inches off on a doe at 30 yards can mean a total miss or worse, a wounding shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 pm

O yes!!!
3-D keeps the pressure on to hit the spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whitetail101

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 am

I shoot 3D as well when not in the woods hunting.

I shoot MBO in the IBO organization - hope to see you at the triple crown Dave! I always start my IBO year with the National Triple Crown, maybe next year I'll shoot the Southern Triple Crown.

I also shoot Open 'C' in ASA - Looking forward to the shoot in Illinois and then maybe the Classic.

I also try to get to as many local money shoots as I can, makes shooting 3D worth it, don't shoot the weekend shoots anymore since there is no incentive to compete other than a free shoot or a t-shirt at most local club shoots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MJewell

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Just starting to get into the 3D thing for the fun of it. Going to try an get out afew times this year.

matt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat May 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Dave wrote:
Wondered how many of you will be shooting 3D this summer? I am looking forward to hitting the courses this summer with my Mathews Z7.

Now that you've had the chance to hit several shoots over the past few months, how are you liking that Z7 for 3Ds ?

I'm somewhat surprised that you chose the Z7 for serious 3D comps.... I know many MBO shooters who would never consider shooting such a short, radical riser for serious shooting. With the Triumph in the line up as their premier 3D Flagship bow, I'm curious as to why you didn't chose that model ?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Cornfed wrote:
Dave wrote:
Wondered how many of you will be shooting 3D this summer? I am looking forward to hitting the courses this summer with my Mathews Z7.

Now that you've had the chance to hit several shoots over the past few months, how are you liking that Z7 for 3Ds ?

I'm somewhat surprised that you chose the Z7 for serious 3D comps.... I know many MBO shooters who would never consider shooting such a short, radical riser for serious shooting. With the Triumph in the line up as their premier 3D Flagship bow, I'm curious as to why you didn't chose that model ?!?

I know what your saying about the short ATA of the bow. Honestly, I am far from a "serious" 3D shooter. I am more of a hunter that shoots 3D than a 3D shooter who hunts. I dont have the money to have a seperate 3D only bow. Plus I like to shoot my hunting set up and be very comfortable come hunting season. Even though I shoot in the MBO division, my movable pin is just a regular movable hunting sight (Shooting the Acsent from Black Gold), so it is not like I have a long dovetail extension with a verticle gang-click adjustment and an X power lense. I dont use anything like a V bar stabilizer setup either. Just pretty much my hunting set up.

Truthfully, I will probably be heading to my first 3D shoot with my bow at the end of the month. Great questions though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 am

I shoot 3-D for fun and for practice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Me and a couple of buddies shoot 3D during the summer just to stay in tune and for braggin rights among us! lol, I use the same equipment all summer that I will be hunting with in the fall that way I am completely comfortable with it come the first day of season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I try to at least once a month, for a while i was going every week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many 3D Shooters do we have?   

Back to top Go down

How many 3D Shooters do we have?
Page 1 of 1