Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Biggest Fish you ever caught?

Go down 
+5
30pointbuck
TheRomer
Robert
Camoed Assassin
Dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Biggest Fish you ever caught? Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Mine is a tie between a Northern Pike and a Salmon... both were caught in Michigan and in the 28 inch range (seperate trips).

Last edited by Dave on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 pm

I caught a 40+ inch muskey just down the road from my house. We had no idea there were even muskeys in this river until we hooked into one a week before I landed the 40 incher. We were in my canoe when I hooked up. I was using a buzz bait and had like 8ib test line on so it took a little bit to get it landed. We shored the canoe and i pulled it into the shallows to land it. A kayaker that was fishing came over to watch and he had a tape that was only 36" and that fish was atleast 4" longer. Other than that the largest fish other than saltwater have been some 8-10 lb largemouths from local farm ponds.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:31 pm

It was one of these. They are in the mid 45 to 50 pound range

Biggest Fish you ever caught? Flatheads019
Biggest Fish you ever caught? Flatheads018
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:36 pm

here is my 65lb bass caught in a tournament Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Biggest Fish you ever caught? Bigbass

LOL ok ok the truth now, my biggest is a 25 lb northern i caught up in canada (wish i got him mounted but i didnt)

and my second biggest is this 20 lb stripper i caught on lake Cumberlan in Kentuckey
Biggest Fish you ever caught? IMG_0179
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I caught a 40+ inch muskey just down the road from my house. We had no idea there were even muskeys in this river until we hooked into one a week before I landed the 40 incher. We were in my canoe when I hooked up. I was using a buzz bait and had like 8ib test line on so it took a little bit to get it landed. We shored the canoe and i pulled it into the shallows to land it. A kayaker that was fishing came over to watch and he had a tape that was only 36" and that fish was atleast 4" longer. Other than that the largest fish other than saltwater have been some 8-10 lb largemouths from local farm ponds.

That would be awesome... There are a couple of good Muskie lakes about an hour north of here. I've been after them a few times. There is a reason they are called a fish of 10,000 casts. Had some follow the bait in a few times and have seen some monsters, but have not tied into one yet.

I am suprised your line did not break when the fish took your buzz bait (if you were not using a steel leader). I am sure it was a great day for you!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey Mike...

You caught that 65lb bass on a gummy worm with 2lb test on your scoobie dooo kiddie pole right? Razz
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Dave wrote:
Hey Mike...

You caught that 65lb bass on a gummy worm with 2lb test on your scoobie dooo kiddie pole right? Razz

You are exactly right Dave, am i cool or what Cool
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:59 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Dave wrote:
Hey Mike...

You are exactly right Dave, am i cool or what Cool

lol!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:01 pm

My biggest to date. 25 lb. Blue cat fish. And a 45 lb. buffalo.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

Freshwater would be a 43" musky. I used to go after them a lot when I had a boat. I need to get another one and back into it.

Saltwater would be a 48" shark in the surf. Wish I could have pulled in that one that spooled me.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 am

I dont fish all that much..... when I do its pan fish!!! cause there good eattin'

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Mark wrote:
I dont fish all that much..... when I do its pan fish!!! cause there good eattin'

So what are you saying Mark your biggest fish is a 1/2 pound Blue Gill? Laughing
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm

My 2 best fish where a salmon when I was around 12 it was around 50 lbs and then I caught a 43 inch northern pike a few years ago I will see if I can find some pics and get them posted up.
Back to top Go down
MJewell

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 pm

42" Musky that I caught the week before it opened. Was fishing Walleye when it took the bait.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Fish you ever caught?   Biggest Fish you ever caught? Empty

Back to top Go down

Biggest Fish you ever caught?
Page 1 of 1