Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

could someone help with picking a new camera

Go down 
+5
Robert
Mark
mathewsguy
Dave
rezeen6.5
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

could someone help with picking a new camera Empty
PostSubject: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Need a little hel or a lot wanting a good new used filming camera for treestand hunting and ground blinds thanks Mike Muddawg Productions
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 pm

You should be able to find some good infor here if you read through some of the posts... Or start a new topic with your question under this section.

https://whitetailaffliction.forumotion.com/video-productions-sponsored-by-camera-land-f23/

Last edited by Dave on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 am

Im sure a few guys on here can help you out with this.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

First question... how much you want to spend??

a Canon GL2 $1000 range is a good starter camera

a Canon XHA1 $2500 range is a good starter HD camera

both take tapes..... some folks are starting to go tapeless. I perfer a XHA1 at the moment

then you'll need a Tripod,Camera Arm, Fluid Head,Wireless Mic, Shotgun Mic,Camera Bag,Filters, Rain Cover, Verizoom

So alot goes into this

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm

Last edited by Mark on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am

even something like a Canon VIXIA HV40 HD $650 range

I dont know alot about them but I dont think you can get Verizooms for them

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-VIXIA-HV40-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B001OI2Z4Q

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Mark's post is dead on. What are you looking at spending is the first question. After that then you can think about what you want in extra's. A couple of batteries, a shotgun mic and rain gear are the most important. Wireless mics are next on that list and a light.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: had no idea it was so much   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:16 pm

OK so I think Ill go with a used one if someone is up gradeing lets c what u got . I have a tripod a cam bag so what kind of mic and all that other stuff do I need if I what used . What name brand do I look for thanks guys Mike
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 pm

We have Canon HSF100s and we are pleased with them. They record to SDHC cards not tapes so the file is different than most video players will play but with descent editing software it will convert it. We use Sony Vegas Pro Platinum and the whole setup works for us. You can get package deals on them with shotgun mic and some other things for a little over $1000.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:42 pm

what is a shot gun mic explain please I am very interested in videobut th eonly thing I have ever done is kids b-days and ther ball games . So any help on this would be great. I am going to try and make a video on my first bow kill turkey hunt but I will be filming my self from a blind so please feel free to say what ever you think about my project. thanks Mike MUDDAWG PRODUCTIONS
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:07 pm

A shotgun mic attatches to your camera and is pretty much a directional mic. Some have different settings, the one I have has a 120, 90 and shotgun. If it is set to shotgun it only picks up audio directlly infront of the mic, 90 it will pick up audio from 90 degrees of either side of the mic and 120 is 120 degrees. Mics built into the camera tend to pick up alot of background noise because it picks up audio from pretty much 360 degrees, so with a shotgun mic you can elemenate alot of the unwanted audio and just focus it on the hunter or whatever your camera is pointed at. Have fun with the video this year, you'll love it.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:23 pm

thanks for all the help if you have any more info please keep it coming Mike
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Just ask any question you have I'm sure someone will have an answer for ya.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Got another ?, how do you get to be a whitetail affliction staff member ? I would like to become a staff person if that is posiable. Mike
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 pm

rezeen6.5 wrote:
Got another ?, how do you get to be a whitetail affliction staff member ? I would like to become a staff person if that is posiable. Mike

The best answer I can give you is keep doing what you are doing. Be active on the site... Share your passion for archery and hunting. Add good content and photos to the site. Show that your dedicated to it. Be active in recruiting new members for the site. Eventually the owners will take notice... It's not gonna happen over night by any means, but it could happen in the future. Great question and thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly that shows me that this site is something I want to be apart of. You guys have been great so far.Where are you guys located at? One more thing does anybody on here shoot onedia bows these are what I bow fish with . I shoot a Mathews for every thing else, rezeen for hunting and a conquest II for 3-d and spots thanks dave for every thing. Mike
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Dave is right on with the staff question. All the guys on staff pretty much started as members and were active on the site. We are looking for character individuals here. To be honest I don't really care what deer you kill or turkey you kill as long as you have a passion for hunting and a passion for the site. The guys we've assembled share those traits with each other and they conduct themselves in a manner that is nothing but positive.

As far as camera stuff I would take a few minutes and look on the Camera land site and on Campbells outdoors store. You'll be able to see what lighting is and shotgun mics are and so forth. There is also an article in the articles section on getting started that covers the basics. If you go to the website home page and look at the nav buttons you'll see articles and then one called "so you wanna film your hunts" It's not a tell all but you'll get some good information on it. If you have other questions then please feel free to email or call. I'll send you a PM with my contact information in it and I'll help you any way I can.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 pm

rezeen6.5 wrote:
Thank you for responding so quickly that shows me that this site is something I want to be apart of. You guys have been great so far.Where are you guys located at? One more thing does anybody on here shoot onedia bows these are what I bow fish with . I shoot a Mathews for every thing else, rezeen for hunting and a conquest II for 3-d and spots thanks dave for every thing. Mike

We are all spread out...Two owners in Indiana. One in Michigan. Pro staff in the following states:
Indiana
Kansas
Tennessee
New York
Maryland

I think thats it...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Good luck with what ever you deciede on.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 pm

I use to shoot a Onedia Bow along time ago Was the Sceaming Eagle I believe was the name of it. I really like the way it shot, the only thing i didnt care about it was it was loud when fired made a loud pop. but im sure they have improved in that area. had one of my limbs crack and that when i switched to Mathews.
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 pm

thanks guys this is great stuff. I know the oneida's are very loud, but the are for fishing. I have 4 Oneida's now I am rebuilding them, new paint crome everything just for looks. All of them are old back in the late 80's early 90's. I will try and get some of my pics up on the site. Thanks for the camera info Mike
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:22 pm

could you guys tell me how to load pics on my post to show the stuff I made
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

rezeen6.5 wrote:
could you guys tell me how to load pics on my post to show the stuff I made

Set up a Photobucket account, it's free, after you have uploaded the picture to photobucket there will be a few posting options under the pic when you put the cursor on a photo in your album. Left click on the bottom option ( IMG code ) and it should flash copied. Then just right click on your post while you are writing it and select paste. Sometimes it will not flash copied, if it does that just right click the IMG code and select copy then paste it to your post.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Don, is right.... There is also a "sticky" (post that stays at the top) under the Announcements section that walks through the steps as well. Let us know if your still having trouble.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks guys I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

I can see you have gotten alot of answers already to your questions,Here on WA their are alot of folks that can help ya out and don't mind at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could someone help with picking a new camera   could someone help with picking a new camera Empty

Back to top Go down

could someone help with picking a new camera
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next