Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Easter Reminder...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Easter Reminder... Empty
PostSubject: Easter Reminder...   Easter Reminder... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Matthew 28 (verses 1-7) NIV
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day or the week, Mary Magdelene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His apperance was like lightning, and his clothes we white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

The commentary for my Bible says this about Matthew 28:6

Jesus' resurrection is the key to the Christian faith. Why? (1) Just as he promised, Jesus rose from the dead. We can be confident, therefore, therefore, that he will accomplish all that he promised. (2) Jesus' bodily resurrection shows us that the living Christ is ruler of God's eternal kingdom, not a false prophet or imposter. (3) We can be certain of our resurrection because he was resurrected. Death is not the end-There is future life. (4) The power that brought Jesus back to life is available to us to bring our spiritually dead selves back to life. (5) The resurrection is the basis for the church's witness to the world. Jesus is more than just a human leader; he is the Son of God.

I'm thankful for what Christ did for all of us on the cross and that he rose again 3 days later!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Easter Reminder... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Reminder...   Easter Reminder... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Great Reminder Dave, thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Easter Reminder... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Reminder...   Easter Reminder... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I thank him everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Easter Reminder... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Reminder...   Easter Reminder... Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter Reminder...
Page 1 of 1