Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

im free but have nowhere to go

Go down 
+6
Camoed Assassin
Mark
mathewsguy
30pointbuck
Dave
whitetail fanatic
10 posters
AuthorMessage
whitetail fanatic

im free but have nowhere to go Empty
PostSubject: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm

so i went out last night and got all of my stands and feeders and got out of my deer lease. too crowded, too many old guys that didnt like u if u had good spots and actually killed a buck.
so now i have stands and feeders and nowhere to put them and trying to find a deer club is pretty tough in central arkansas. i cant afford much but want an uncrowded spot. any suggestions out there??
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Not framiliar with hunting there, but I wish you the best in trying to find some good land. Do a lot of asking around... the worst people can say is no.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 pm

How bout the public land, I know here in KS. The public land i hunt, is limited to shotgun and archery only and most don't hunt archery, so 99.9% of the time im the only one that hunts it.
Good luck with finding a place. i've been there and done that. Is why im hunting public land now.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 pm

public land is great for bow season around me. If I where you go talk to some old farmers there and ask to hunt there place offer to trade some work for the right to hunt there land alot of them will take the help
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Not familier with AR hunting..... we dont have any hunt clubs around here.

you either own land or someone who does, or you goto public land, just get off the beaten path....walk further than the next guy

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Man you sound like me. I just lost ALL my hunting ground also. The only thing you can do is knock on as many doors as you can before the season. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 pm

I agree with the others. Ask around and some of the public land in Maryland is pretty good also. They are usually surrounded by crop farms and you can catch the deer coming back in off the fields to bed. Also check with in your area for park land. We have some parks that have a draw for a permit and we have 1 county that you go to their office and fill out a few papers and you pay like $7.00 and they give you a permit for your vehicle and one to carry with you. You can call and reserve the date you want or call the day of and if there is a opening you get it. They only allow 3 to 5 hunters per area pending on the acerage. Some of the parks are 200ac +.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Yea,do a lot of knocking and asking...I also like to visit a couple local feed and seed store in town...Gives me a chance to "bump" into a farmer or someone who knows one who doesn't mind hunting...I would also go get a plat book that has all the land owners in your county...Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

You might check with Volway. I think he knows someone that will has some great leases in Kentucky
Back to top Go down
TRR

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:18 pm

I agree. I hunt public land almost exclusively. After the opener I hardly see anyone until mid to late Oct.
Also as someone else said. During daylight hours mature deer are often pressured to deep pockets. Be willing to put some mileage on the hunting boots and you will be glad you did.
good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im free but have nowhere to go   im free but have nowhere to go Empty

Back to top Go down

im free but have nowhere to go
Page 1 of 1