Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Julie lays a gobbler down

Go down 
+4
Camoed Assassin
Dave
TheRomer
Darius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

Julie lays a gobbler down Empty
PostSubject: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Well me and a buddy from work chased them all day yesterday with all luck against us. I passed on 2 jakes and he had no shots. They just would not gobble. So I promised Julie I would take her this morning to the same farm we have been wearing them out at. So We get there bright and early and it was pitch dark still while I am setting up the decoys and a gobbler lets loose about 100 yards out. I got back to the blind and it was non stop. I wouldn't be exaggerating to say he gobbled 50 times on the roost. I told Julie he wants to ride in the back of the truck this morning. Well they flew down and I watched them out of the back of the blind. I saw 5 but couldn't make out what they were. At this point he had quit gobbling. Then a hen pops up right in front of us on the woodline. We watched her for awhile til she wandered off. I look back to where I had last seen the group and nothing but cows. I let a call out and BOOM!!! He was 80 yards out. Every time I tried to call he would cut me off. I say he gobbled another 50 times just on his way. He finally popped over the hill and he was in full strut following a hen. They just stuck around the back of the blind for a bit started our way. Then the hen started cutting so I cut her off going right back at her. We went back and forth for a bit and that gobbler was going nuts at this point. The hen comes over the hill and sees the decoys and walks up to them but didn't mess with either Swingin Hen or B mobile. But the Gobbler topped the hill andSaw B mobile and he was at a dead run to our set up. He got right to the decoy and swelled up in a strut with all had and then jumped back and circled back for more. All the while Julie was gettting her gun ready. She finally said tell me when. I said shoot him. One shot and he was mowed down. He didn't budge at all. The combination of a tight wad choke and Hevi Shot #7s from a 20 guage at 30 yards adds up to a disaster. I was extremely excited to see her knock down a heck of a gobbler for her first. It weight right at 20 lbs with a 10 5/8s beards and 1 3/16s spurs.
Julie lays a gobbler down GetAttachment110
Julie lays a gobbler down GetAttachment18
Julie lays a gobbler down DSC01980
Julie lays a gobbler down DSC01983
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 pm

thats awesome,and a great bird,a big congrats to ya Julie
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Sounds like an awesome time in the blind finished off with a great shot. A big congrats to her! Thanks for the story and pics!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Great job
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Sounds like a great time and job well done Julie. cheers
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 pm

CONGRATS Julie on a great bird
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Great Bird. Congrats, to her.
Back to top Go down
bow_dad

bow_dad

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Very Nice cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julie lays a gobbler down   Julie lays a gobbler down Empty

Back to top Go down

Julie lays a gobbler down
Page 1 of 1