Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Starrflight FOBs

Go down 
+3
Snivs
Sinister
Cajun83
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am

Any FOB shooters here? I looked around a bit and didn't see anything.

Anyway, if you have a drop away rest and some shafts that have torn or missing fletchings, you should check them out. Takes around 5 minutes for me to fletch an entire dozen and they fly like laser beams.

No more paying someone to fletch your arrows and no more tossing a shaft on the side until you get a chance to fletch it. That stack of arrows in the corner can get back into your quiver in a matter of minutes.

Starrflight FOBs Bow2
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:53 am

Just some pics to show that they aren't inaccurate as another poster on this forum stated. You have to ensure that you aren't getting contact as they are rigid and will not give like traditional fletching.

This is called a "Ringer". Notice the shaft inside the FOB on the other shaft?

Starrflight FOBs DSC00162

A typical 30 yard group in high wind (gusts over 20)

Starrflight FOBs DSC00163

30 yard FOB'inhood. Smile

Starrflight FOBs DSC00176

The aftermath of the FOB'inhood... lol

Starrflight FOBs DSC00187
Back to top Go down
Sinister

Sinister

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am

I shoot FOBs but I dont do groups with them....
I dont see me going back to fletchings any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Sinister wrote:
I shoot FOBs but I dont do groups with them....
I dont see me going back to fletchings any time soon.

I just started shooting recently and was still grouping all over the place most of the time. Had a pretty nasty crosswind and didn't think I could even get close to another shaft. I was wrong. hooded it.

I no longer shoot groups either. Five spots, firve arrows. lol
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Just heard about them this weekend from Pantera07. He shoots them. Not sure if I like them. They seam bulky and less forgiving if you graze a small limb.
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:22 am

Snivs wrote:
Just heard about them this weekend from Pantera07. He shoots them. Not sure if I like them. They seam bulky and less forgiving if you graze a small limb.

They are absolutely less forgiving if you hit a small limb but they give you more clearance as they are only 1" diameter (Less than just about all vanes out there).

They certainly don't have to be an all or nothing type of thing. I use them for everything but I know folks that have a mixture of FOB's and vanes in their quivers. For longer shots or shots in high winds, these things can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:01 am

Cajun83 wrote:
Snivs wrote:

They are absolutely less forgiving if you hit a small limb but they give you more clearance as they are only 1" diameter (Less than just about all vanes out there).

They certainly don't have to be an all or nothing type of thing. I use them for everything but I know folks that have a mixture of FOB's and vanes in their quivers. For longer shots or shots in high winds, these things can't be beat.

Thanks. I may have to give them a try.
Back to top Go down
MJewell

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Used them 2 years ago with great success, would have used them last year also but ran into clearence issues with my bow and by the time I had every thign figure out season was opening the next week so I stayed with the 2" Fusions that were on my arrows at the time. Might take the time to try them out of the reason again this season.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 pm

MJewell wrote:
Used them 2 years ago with great success, would have used them last year also but ran into clearence issues with my bow and by the time I had every thign figure out season was opening the next week so I stayed with the 2" Fusions that were on my arrows at the time. Might take the time to try them out of the reason again this season.

Matt

Let me know if you try them again. If I can't get you squared away, Paul Morris from Starrflight is only a phonecall away and he can certainly get you shooting laser beams.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 am

I've thought about them, but just love the Blazers to much to change.
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 am

30pointbuck wrote:
I've thought about them, but just love the Blazers to much to change.

The only reason I tried them was because of a guy putting it to me like this. When you tear up some fletchings, buy a tube of FOBs. If you don't like them, your only out 20 bucks and you can just go refletch your arrows like before... but be careful... You may end up liking them.

I was sold on them the first weekend I tried them. I was shooting with a buddy of mine and he is shooting blazers. The wind was blowing pretty good and his groups were all hitting a couple inches left. All of his arrows were sticking out of his block with the nocks to the left (right to left wind). Mine were sticking out dead straight and there seemed to be no noticable difference in point of impact out to 40 yards compared to a calm day.

I have shot with this guy plenty times in calm conditions and he is always right there with me in terms of accuracy. The FOBs just fly better in windy conditions or with huge, heavy broadheads.
Back to top Go down
MJewell

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I have got the clearence issues worked out. Got rid of the Mathews rests went with an QAD and G5 rest on my bows. Will likely give them another chance thgis year at some point.

matt
Back to top Go down
bowhunter55

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey how do order them i dont have a credit card i dont want to sent a mail order and the guy rip me off!!! but i really want a dozen fobs
Back to top Go down
E. Johnson

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:05 pm

I was going to try them but thought it would be difficult to find your arrow after you got a pass through on an animal. It's hard enough finding them when you have bright fletching. That was the only thing that turned me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starrflight FOBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starrflight FOBs   Starrflight FOBs Empty

Back to top Go down

Starrflight FOBs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: Buck Fever :: Bow Hunting. Sponsored by Bohning Archer-
Jump to: