Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY

Go down 
+10
mibigbuckhunter
kyhareraiser
BowBo
Robert
Tall Tine
dkoutdoors
Dave
Mark
Joe
TheRomer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY Empty
PostSubject: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:12 am

You can not ask for a better weekend.

It started off on saterday with my oldest son getting his first ever animal kill with a turkey.

and sunday the family and I went out mushroom hunting behind the house and we hit the jack pot,we found 149 mushrooms and they were not small either the bigest was 9 1/2" tall and the smallest was 3"

Man I wish all weekend would be like this

here are a few pics of the shrooms there is only 133 in the pics we found 16 more after

OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY IMG_0329
OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY IMG_0328
OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY IMG_0330
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 am

Those are some monster mushrooms! Way to go man.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:40 am

Congrats to you and your son...very cool

and congrats on all the Shrooms!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 am

Nice job to the whole Romer clan!
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 am

That is awesome I love hunting shrooms
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 am

Very nice! Congrats on the big find.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:45 am

Great job to the Romers. That's a ton of mushrooms
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:49 am

whereabouts in Indiana are you from?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:22 pm

dkoutdoors wrote:
whereabouts in Indiana are you from?

Im in Morgan County
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Save some for the fish fry Mikey!!!

BTW, Scheryl agreed to have it here at our house again this year!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:24 pm

dang brother,those are huge.. must have been fun findin' those.. i might be able to find some schrooms if they would get that big here hahaha . good job teachin' that boy to hunt them too. that's something ids just don't do arround here guess thats cause the parents won't go with them. my stepson taught me to look for them. he and his dad b4 he passed hunted dryland fish so he passed it to me. i knew about hem but he wanted to teach me how so i let him good job and good eatin'
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:30 pm

BowBo wrote:
Save some for the fish fry Mikey!!!

BTW, Scheryl agreed to have it here at our house again this year!! Very Happy

Sounds good to me bo bro

We had a blast picking them we found them all in a 20 yrd span. wish i had the camera with me i woulda got a pic of them all sticking up everywhere
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Those are huge shrooms. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Man, that has got to be the most morrells I've ever seen at one time!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Okay - shroom virgin here .... I saw these in the woods Friday and was stepping on them not knowing what they were. I guess I know better now. Dumb question time: what kind are they and what are they good for?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Mrs Volway wrote:
Okay - shroom virgin here .... I saw these in the woods Friday and was stepping on them not knowing what they were. I guess I know better now. Dumb question time: what kind are they and what are they good for?

LOL NO affraid Dont step on them, The are Morrel Mushrooms and you eat them Very Good. dip them in egg and flour then fry them up. they are the only kind of mushrooms i will eat. this time of the year I see them in them in the stores for $30 A POUND

TRY THEM YOU WILL LOVEM

Last edited by TheRomer on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm

My goodness! Those are some mushrooms. Ive never seen one that big, way to go. Looks like you had a blast.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Good grief that is a mess of shrooms! We haven't gotten a chance to hunt those this year. I love 'em!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY   OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG WHAT A WEEKEND FOR THE ROMER FAMILY
Page 1 of 1