Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

growth

Go down 
+7
TRR
LawCoBowhunter
TheRomer
30pointbuck
wacker
The Guide
Robert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

growth Empty
PostSubject: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I spent the last two weeks hunting turkey in Ohio and Kansas and one thing I noticed is there is some great growth going on out there. While in Ohio we saw several nice bucks that had as much as 8 inches of growth going up. Also noticed that I didn't see very many doe at all. makes me wonder if some aren't already birthing fawns. What's everyone else seeing in their area?
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm

I have seen both a lot of bucks and does in the past couple of days. But that does not mean anything because we have does that have little ones in September because our rut is so long. I am sure some are starting to drop and if not it wont be long.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:59 pm

I was out hunting this morning and seen buck on a foodplot. He had brow tines and about 6" of main beams going out. Kinda made me think about putting a few cams out. Haven't seen any young ones round yet.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Been seeing both bucks and does. Actually more than i saw last year.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:56 pm

havent seen much at all lately
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Seeing plenty of bucks down here,more than usual.I guess it's from passing all of the little guys up.I've seen a few around the 8"-10" mark maybe bigger.Several around the 6" mark.I'll be posting some pics once I get my new trail cam.Just got word from the landowner next to my bro-in law and sisters place that the wild hogs have finally made it over here.He seen several of them last week on his farm along the white river.Would love to get another one of them for a bbq.
Back to top Go down
TRR

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:07 pm

About 5" is the longest Ive saw so far. Antler growth always explodes in June here, to me one of the most exciting times of the year!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Actually sawa lot of deer in the fields this evening. Not close enough to see anything though...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Been seeing some with about 4-6" of growth. Saw a lil one Monday on the way to work so some are already dropping fawns here in MD.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Been seeing some with about 4-6" of growth. Saw a lil one Monday on the way to work so some are already dropping fawns here in MD.

Same here. I haven't seen any little ones yet but it seems like there are 2 times a year when I see the numbers of deer in the area getting hit. The first is a given. (The Rut) The second time of the year is when the doe's start dropping thier babies and in the past 2 weeks I have seen the numbers of deer hit on the road rising. Including a few small bucks.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:43 am

sounds like I need to get the trail cams out
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I just saw last night 2 nice velvet bucks at my feeder. Will try and get picts of them and post em up.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Seen my first fawn of the year around 3:00 this afternoon on the DC beltway. Mom and baby were on a power company rightaway. The little guy was wobbling at the knees. Couldn't have been but maybe a couple of hours old if that. I only seen 1 with her. Couldn't get any photos. Sorry Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Snivs wrote:
Seen my first fawn of the year around 3:00 this afternoon on the DC beltway. Mom and baby were on a power company rightaway. The little guy was wobbling at the knees. Couldn't have been but maybe a couple of hours old if that. I only seen 1 with her. Couldn't get any photos. Sorry Crying or Very sad

Nice sighting Snivs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: growth   growth Empty

Back to top Go down

growth
Page 1 of 1