Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

When to hang your stand

Go down 
+8
mathewsguy
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
HuntRed79
Dave
30pointbuck
Robert
LawCoBowhunter
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

When to hang your stand Empty
PostSubject: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

When do you guys hang your hang ons or ladderstands?I usually like to do mine (ladderstands,gonna get a couple new replacements) around late July or mid August.I have a few new spots I want to try,I'll go do some looking around to see what's going on here in a month or so.Once I get them up I'll just keep them there,the deer out on the farm tend to be on the same pattern every year.This year may be a little different with a new 150 acre bean field across the fence from me.The neighbor usually puts beans out down by the road or down in the river bottoms,but this year he decided to put one close to my stand area ( and one down by the road).I hope it works out.I'm fired up,I think it's going to be another great year.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't have a set time. I'll put one up in April or May if I have a spot I want it to go in. August is so hot that it makes hanging them that much harder. I've even waited till the end of September to hang one. It wasn't a spot I was going to hunt till later in October so no worries on scent
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't hunt from a stand, but i usually set up my blind a month before the seas starts.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:54 pm

I am with Robert on the time frame thing... I have a few out already, but I mostly hunt out of a climber...
Back to top Go down
HuntRed79

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 pm

I have had the same lease for a while and leave my stands year round. Sometimes I will re position them a short distance and will do so in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 pm

We usually get them hung in july and no later than mid june. Our season opens september 15 so we like to get them in and let the area sit for atleast a month if not longer.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

I left mine up this year,but hopeing that wasnt a mistake with the theives over there. havent been over there to see. kinda scared to Neutral
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 pm

alot of the times I leave mine up but I will pull them down just to check and make sure everything is ok with them. Stands in spots I worry about getting stole usuall take them down and then put them up anytime after may
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I stopped hanging stands. I was tired of donating them to the thieves. I may hang a couple on this new property do to the location of the area to be hunted. If I do hang them it will be atleast a month before Sept 15. I don't like putting them in to early and have the deer pattern change on me. I typically just stick to using my Summit Climber. Good luck to you all in your stand or blind placement this coming season.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 am

Been putting ours up the last couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah we will be out in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
ebrown

ebrown

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 am

I usually hang mine about 5 minutes before I hunt. I have fallen in love with my Summit Goalith and its hard for me to hunt out of anything else any more. So comfortable and safe, and easy to climb with.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:35 am

ebrown wrote:
I usually hang mine about 5 minutes before I hunt. I have fallen in love with my Summit Goalith and its hard for me to hunt out of anything else any more. So comfortable and safe, and easy to climb with.

I hear ya on that... I have the surround seat on my goliath and I love it.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

I love my Goliath too,can't beat them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to hang your stand   When to hang your stand Empty

Back to top Go down

When to hang your stand
Page 1 of 1